The new on the 2k Childcare contirbutions

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
What do those of you who will use them think? Does anyone know where it outlines if you can or cannot use them alongside CTC as you do with current vouchers?

I havent fully looked into this yet just know the bits i have heard on radio/news but I think it will be a huge help. we have been considering number 2 but i know we would struggle to afford childcare for 2 children even if we wait until ds1 is getting his free hours. We cant afford for me to stay at home. Not sure about childcare vouchers though.

I like the sound of it for when the kids are in school for help with childcare out of school hours. But frankly £2000 per child barely touches the sides of our childcare in London ATM. No idea how it works.

Not sure what this is but I pay a fortune for two children in childcare whilst I'm at work, my daughter gets funded hours but it doesn't really make a lot of difference so anything that would help would be brilliant.

I'm not sure if it's a tax relief ? I will have one in school and one in nursery so I hope it will help

My understanding is that it'll be in tax relief so similar to childcare vouchers.

Yeah similar to the childcare vouchers, and you wont be able to use the childcare vouchers and this, it's one or the other. I think it really just sounds like something to try and appease the hard squeezed middle, but they will soon figure out that actually this really does very little to help them unfortunately.

I like the sound of it for when the kids are in school for help with childcare out of school hours. But frankly £2000 per child barely touches the sides of our childcare in London ATM. No idea how it works.

Tell me about it! I could have employed a nanny for about 4k less a year than I pay out now!

Tell me about it! I could have employed a nanny for about 4k less a year than I pay out now!

how bad is Aberdeen though?? For just my LO our bill is £970 a month right now :(

My sister works in a nursery in greater London and it's £1650 for a full time place :wacko:

God that's crazy Tasha you would have to be so well paid to cover that, and I'm surprised how expensive Aberdeen is although I've read on here how it is an expensive area due to the work available up there. I will be paying about £1300 a month for my 2 if I were to stay on 4 days a week, that includes an RAF discount as it's the nursery on camp and DS1's 15 free hours. But I've just renegotiated my contract and will only be going back 3 days a week now so it'll be less, can't remember how much, thankfully my nursery pay a set day charge so you don't have to pay more for not being full time iykwim.

Everything in Aberdeen is expensive, the houses, the nightlife, the childcare.. its because of the oil industry and all the jobs offshore being based here. I'm hoping to get LO into the NHS nursery here which will cut our bill to around £600 but he's been on the list since before he was born and still no space for him.

Everything in Aberdeen is expensive, the houses, the nightlife, the childcare.. its because of the oil industry and all the jobs offshore being based here. I'm hoping to get LO into the NHS nursery here which will cut our bill to around £600 but he's been on the list since before he was born and still no space for him.

It wasn't worth it for me to work, my salary was £35K, by no means a low wage.
But the cost of childcare, transport, all the bits and bobs that go along with working would've left me about £20 a month.. to me (and don't flame me, but £20 a month just isn't worth it for me) My commute would be about an hour each way (live in westhill, work in Tullos for all the aberdonians!)
We don't qualify for any tax credits etc. My OH earns a good wage, but we pay a premium to live in a new build, nice area near family.
Hopefully i can figure out something part time once the kids start school :thumbup:

edited to add, I'm not saying that £20 isn't worth it, its that the £20 wouldn't be worth all the time away, long days, childcare arrangements etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->