The Next Step?

fauxcaloid

Reaction score
Hello everyone... I joined about a year ago and haven't been very active other than to ask questions, so I'll give a little update of what's happened over the past year and hopefully you guys will still be willing to answer my question at the bottom.

Since we started TTC I've tried numerous brands of OPK (ClearBlue digital, Wondfo, and First Response. Stuck with Wondfo for obvious reasons) never have I ever gotten a positive read. I did them daily, I've gone through hundreds of these test and have never seen that test line as dark as the control line. I did the tests daily because I had very irregular periods and spotted every single day.

I finally went to the doctor about it, got tested for PCOS (which seems to have been ruled out). During the ultrasound they found a large ovarian cyst on my right ovary. Through blood work they found I have hypothyroidism. Gave me medication for the hypothyroidism and had me come back in 5 months for another ultrasound to see if the cyst was shrinking on it's own- it didn't, in fact it grew. So they surgically removed it by laparoscopy in April of this year (2014). I also was prescribed Metformin to regulate my cycles. I took Metformin until my cycles began to regulate as the sickness it was causing me was unbearable.

Now my cycles are pretty regular (as of right now I'm 12DPO. Tested on 9DPO with ClearBlue Plus, it was BFN. 11DPO with ClearBlue Digital = BFN. 12DPO with FRER = BFN, deciding I'm out this cycle). I have had 4 consecutive months of regular cycle. The only problem is that I've been having a very difficult time with my OD. I've been trying to stay away from using my OPK's daily anymore (it became very stressful and disheartening). Instead, I've been using Fertility Friend to predict what my OD should be and testing around that time frame, and still have never seen a positive OPK. I must be O'ing because I'm having AF... right?

So my question is... what is my next step?

TL;DR = Regular cycles. Never get positive OPK. What do?

You can still have a period but not actually ovulate, I actually had a friend recently get tested for that. If it's only been 4 months of regular cycles, don't be too disheartened. I didn't get my bfp until the 5th month of TTC. It can take months, sometimes years to conceive and for most people, 4 months isn't that long. If you are concerned though, you can speak to your gp about having a test done to make sure you are ovulating and that there is nothing interfering. I'm no expert on this matter but all I can say is don't get too disheartened. Maybe hold off testing until your AF is actually late because it'll help your sanity. When I was TTC, I had to have DH hide the tests so I couldn't take them because each BFN got me more and more depressed. I know it's hard not to test but I would recommend holding off so not to upset yourself too much.

Good luck hun, hope everything works out for you. Speak to your gp if you are concerned about your ovulation though. All the best, lots of baby dust for you.

-AussieBub

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->