The official cerazette missing period support thread!! *NAME CHANGE*

Hey girls
Do you think its better to wait for a couple of AF before TTC? I came off Cerazete on 19 May, had 3 day bleed two days after and nothing since. Asked doc if the bleed was withdrawal or AF and she said they were the same thing.

I didnt know they counted as the same thing! Thats good to know.

Well missymarie, i think its personal choice. There are benefits to waiting a couple of months, dating a pregnancy being one of them. To be honest it probably makes sense to wait for an af but i just wouldnt have had the patience lol but then i had my period the same day that i stopped taking it so im sort of in a different position!

Sorry not been much help have i! x

Awithdrwal bleed isn't a period it's just your body getting rid of old blood. I guess you could call it cd 1 but I doubt it would be a true gage.

As for waiting... for dating reasons it is advised if you get pregnant but there's no problem really as a scan can confirm dates.
I didn't wait.
I didn't have a withdrawal bleed just a normal af 7 weeks later ( I did have periods whilst on cerazette)

Thanks ElmoBumptoBe!
Hey Gemie. Doc says they are the same so who knows.

I am testing weekly anyway whilst TTC and no AF so should be ok with the dates if it does happen.

This is what I found about withdrawal bleeding...

Breakthrough bleeding (BTB) or spotting is the occasional, irregular bleeding/spotting you may experience while using a hormonal method of birth control. BTB is most common when you first start using a method (or when you switch brands, or regimens) and it usually stops after the first 2-6 months of use. Whether you experience BTB will depend on the brand, the method, and your body. [It depends on how fast or how slow your body metabolizes hormones, in particular estrogen.] Moreover, BTB can occur whether you're using birth control to prevent a pregnancy or to manage your period.

Like the fake period (withdrawal bleeding), BTB has nothing to do with your menstrual period. BTB is caused by the amount of hormones in birth control. Think of BTB as an "adjustment"--the bleeding/spotting occurs because the body is adjusting to the hormone dosages in the birth control method. [Of course, the BTB pattern will depend on the particular method you're using--e.g., expect a fair amount with some of the progestin-only methods.]

I actually don't think some doctors know what they're talking about. I know they are 'general practitioners' so they should know a little about a lot but if they're contradicting each other I don't know where that leaves us!

thanks for that info Gemie,

im still waiting for any kind of bleed:shrug:

but i didnt have any bleeds whilst on it so im guessing ill just get af,

i think an important thing to bear in mind is that the POPs affect ppl differently, and the amount of uterine lining differs from person to person so this probably goes hand in hand with wether there are any 'periods' whilst on it and indeed if there is a withdrawal bleed after!!

i seem to be affected badly by POPs as was on depo for 2 yrs and i didnt get af for 18 mths after as blood tests showed my hormones were the same as a woman at menopause!! shocking stuff but my cycle did return to normal!

sorry for going on :blush:

x x x

How long have you been waiting now bett14???

I think you're right in what you're saying btw. x

Well im still not sure if mine was AF or withdrawl bleed. Started on 31st May and lasted for a few days, about 5 in total but we were able to dtd on some of those so it was very very light! It was both "old" blood and some normal but like i say it was light.

Anyway until i know otherwise im going off a normal 28 day cycle which means im 1 day late today but tested BFN yesterday.

Oooooh its a waiting game alright. Sigh.

Oh I know! It's so frustrating... I think the best thing to do, if you're not sure is count day one of red blood as cd1 then see what happens... you will regulate soon. x

Im just gunna do my absolute best not to test again, just wait for af even if it takes a few weeks. Unless i get any more symptoms, then i wont be able to stop myself testing lol x

LOL I'll be just the same! I'm officially in my first 2ww and I'm going to be symptom spotting like mad!

How long have you been waiting now bett14???

I think you're right in what you're saying btw. x

Im only 5 weeks in so early days for me really :wacko:

i have a scan tomorrow to look for cysts etc so might shed some light on where af might be getting to lol!!!

x x x

Aww thanks, i am worried they will find something but hoping and praying there is nothing!!!!!!!!!!!! :nope:

x x x

Hi ladies.

I've been trying not to obsess BUT i got a smudge of brown (old) blood on friday then nothing and its started again today but not very much. Is this AF? or what. Do I start counting from now?

I've been emotional for the past few days at things that wouldn't normally bother me.

Could this actually be it???? What do u all think????

I am obsessing now lol...

i agree the only way to know for sure is :test:

GL and FX'ed for you :flower:

x x x

Defo not pg. I've been a bit of a poas addict lately.

Just waitin for bloomin af after cezarette. Wondered what you all thought. I didnt think id be so happy to see a bit of blood. Hmmmm strange eh?

Hi Girls

Today Im on CD40 8DPO basing my withdrawal bleed as my AF. No other AF as yet. According to FF Im due AF 6 July. What do you girls mean when you say you are looking for symptoms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->