The 'OFFICIAL' Ex Mirena Thread

Discussion in 'TTC Groups & Discussions' started by shazmos, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Oldermummy78

Oldermummy78 Well-Known Member

Forgot to update here (sorry)

I came off mirena April, and got my :bfp: August 9th

Good luck all there is hope just keep positive! I stopped the opk and just temped , and the mth before I got my :bfp: (June cycle) I used pregnancare conception so not sure if that helped any xx

2. Tiffany1982

Tiffany1982 New Member

I had my Mirana taken out Aug 21st .. I am so thankful it is finally out.. . Just concerned cause after it was taken out i didn't bleed but two days later I had an AF for three days and then it stopped.. Could that have been a period? I haven't had anything since..

3. nikkilovey

nikkilovey Member

Hi Everyone! I just got my mirena out today! I am so excited to start TTC!

A little about me, I am 24 years old and have one daughter who is 2 1/2. I have possible endometriosis however it was never confirmed! I would love to be pregnant before the start of next year but we will see how my body reacts!

I have a couple questions for anyone: I have EWCM right now, do you think I could be ovulating? Do you ovulate while on mirena?

Well I hope I can join everyone because I would love to have some people to talk to!

4. janelleybean

janelleybean Mother of 2

Hello Ladies,
    Is this only a TTC after mirena thread or do you mind if I ask you ladies some questions just about mirena?

I've had my mirena in for just over a year and I'm thinking about having it removed and I'm worried about the dreaded crash. I was curious to know if you ladies could give me some of your experiences with the how it was when your had your mirena removed. Just so I can prepare myself. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
    :)

5. Sakura15

Sakura15 Well-Known Member

I had my Mirena in for just short of a year, and can't remember much of a crash at all. I started temping before I took it out to get the hang of it, and the only real difference I noticed is that my temps became more reliable. As far as my body felt, it was fine. I had very short and light periods on Mirena and ovulated as expected the very first month. My cycles following that were somewhat fluctuating though - predicting ovulation was tricky. But no crash for me.

6. Sakura15

Sakura15 Well-Known Member

Popped back over to update! I removed my Mirena in April with the plan of WTT for a few months to let my hormones settle out. Due to some other considerations we decided to put of TTC til 2016. We were using a combo of condoms and rhythm method and I surprisingly got my :bfp: in October - bit of a slip!

7. IzzyNC

IzzyNC Well-Known Member

Wanted to bump this thread and see if any of you ladies are still following! So, I actually got my BFP this past November but sadly had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks 3 days:( The cycle we conceived, I had only been having normal luteal phases for about 2 month - I feel like the Mirena really shortened those but they eventually normalized. I'm thinking now that this may have been a progesterone issue. They never checked my progesterone at the doctor's office with the pregnancy. Everything looked perfect on U/S at 8 weeks, then there was no heartbeat at 11. I had to have a D&C. I am still so heartbroken, but trying to stay positive and think about TTCing again. Anyone have thoughts on this? Should I ask my doc about the progesterone, and does anyone know if Mirena can have a negative effect on that?

8. lilysmum2

lilysmum2 Well-Known Member

I got my mirena out today! Not trying to get pregnant though but having 2 months off all birth control to get body back to normal! X

9. Emilylove13

Emilylove13 Well-Known Member

Getting my Mirena removed tomorrow!!! We'll just be using condoms until we start TTC in 3 months.

10. lilysmum2

Good luck hunni! I'm having 2 months off everything to give my body a break x

11. lilysmum2

Hi ladies, i had my mirena removed on the 14th june. I started spotting yesterday but it was mucus blood only when i checked my cervix. Today ive had full on cramps, backpain etc..... had some more bloody mucus and pale pink urine but only when i wipe. I had uprotected sex on the 12th june. Im making myself crazy i think! I know the mirena can cause you to have pregnancy symptoms after having it out, basically the mirena crash :wacko:

any helpful advice ladies? :flower::flower: