The Olympic flame...

It comes around here next week Friday. We usually go for a coffee in town on Fridays, which we'll probably have to cancel as the roads will be hell. I don't think we'll go and see it, really don't give a crap about the Olympics and I can see it be nothing but trouble.

honeybee you must be by us then, it's by my work tomorrow and hubby's stewarding in the city on thurs.

I'm not too far from the Olympic stadium (about 45 minutes to 1 hour) so there are about 3-4 places I could go and see it. It doesn't come directly through where I am though.

Its coming by me on Monday, but I think i have tickets to go to the celebration being held in the next town to me so may be going there instead to enjoy a few hours of free music and shows fromTwist and Pulse etc :thumbup: then will see the torch when it arrives!!

I thought it was a rely of 1 torch though :shrug:

Its coming by me on Monday, but I think i have tickets to go to the celebration being held in the next town to me so may be going there instead to enjoy a few hours of free music and shows fromTwist and Pulse etc :thumbup: then will see the torch when it arrives!!

I thought it was a rely of 1 torch though :shrug:

nope. every torch bearer gets a new torch.. takes the shine off it abit for me! x

It went through our town on Monday, we were lucky enough that our friend was the torch bearer so we were able to get up close with the torch afterwards, lol. Here is a pic of me and my family with the torch

105.jpg

I was a little disappointed too when I realised that it wasn't the same torch throughout the whole relay, although I'm glad my friend gets to keep it (she's not going to sell it on eBay like alot of them)

It's going past my house on Saturday lunchtime! They are closing the road and putting loads on in town. Council have warned shops to expect 10,000 people! Will be fun as there is a pub a few doors down so will be going for lunch and watching it there. Its my birthday Saturday too so should be a fun day! x

It goes past our house twice, once by road and once by river. We will be going both times. I cant wait, I love that I will be creating memories with my babies that one day they will tell their children about the time the olympics was in London :happydance:

Torch is passing here today :happydance: I think i will watch it in town pass my house, then I will go to the evening celebrations after, although bit paranoid we'll be held up in traffic and miss everything :dohh:

I accidently overslept on my nap and missed it anyway :haha:

Its goes down the road next to mine. On July 7th i think ?

Both my boys got to hold some torches, some were the torch bearers, others were the sponsorers! We had a lovely day, watched the torch come into our town by our house, then saw the change over and lighting of her torch. Then we went tot he evening celebrations and had music and entertaining from Kids in Glass houses and Twist & Pulse, then got to see the couldron getting lit. Think my eldest son held 6-7 torches :dohh: Is a shame its not just 1 torch, but I guess the fact they get to keep them means they have something very special to treasure, its the same flame :thumbup:

This is my eldest son :cloud9:

Attachments

• SAM_0111.jpg
    SAM_0111.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member