The Outlander Series - Diana Gabaldon

I am done the first book (since the new year). I am reading some love story right now to give myself a breather and to try to get through my 2013 reading list. :haha:

However I am getting anxious. I saw the trailer on the Outlander FB. I was afraid to click on it (and the link provided by Sarah. Thanks.:thumbup: )

I have been burned so many times by looking up info only to get spoilers. Once I am spoiled I've found it hard to continue on.
I hope to be done book 3 before the show starts. I think about half way through the series is enough to start reading up on the series. lol

I also recently saw original cover which I absolutely love. I think it better captures Claire's world perfectly.
https://img1.etsystatic.com/021/0/7707814/il_570xN.481723193_pcb0.jpg

The cover to the paperback I have is the blue one with the goldish/bronze emblem or whatnot.

I watched the trailer. lol

Wow...fantastic! The scenery pretty much look like I imagined. I did picture Claire a little more daintier and Jamie a little more rugged but I guess it won't matter in the long run.

Excited! :)

That cover is cool!

I haven't watched the trailer yet believe it or not :) The pics of the actor playing Jamie do portray a prettier, less rugged Jamie than I imagined.

Just read the first three.
SOOOOOO good!
And holy brains, batman! Gabaldon's background is so impressive.

Regalpeas - that was the cover on my cheapie secondhand paperbacks.

That's great Sarah!

I'm back to reading the series again after a break.

Ladies! I haven't read the second book yet. I must admit the pregnancy theme scared me away a bit, but I am ready to get into it. I am so excited for the series.

Sarah you are lucky to have one of the original copies! :)

I'm reading An Echo in the Bone (book #7) but am also reading the first Harry Potter book in Spanish and 12 Years a Slave. Oh and The Help in Spanish. I have book ADHD at the moment :)

I'm on Fiery Cross now. What a fun series. I am so glad I finally picked these up!

Anyone read the latest book, Written in My Own Heart's Blood, or seen the TV series yet? I'm on the waiting list at the library and about to start poking around to find out how to see the show here in Canada.
I have found myself picking up a lot of historical fiction set in Scotland as a result of these books, and even a few non-fiction books, as well. Such an interesting time period as a setting.

I saw the first two episodes. They are brilliant. They really capture both time periods well and get right to the heart of the story without dragging!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->