The Outlander Series - Diana Gabaldon

hakunamatata

Mommy to Ariana & Robert
Reaction score
Anyone else a fan of this series?

A while ago, I had made it halfway through book #5, The Fiery Cross, but I got distracted by other books and never got back to it. I had considered picking up where I left off, but then I decided to start from the beginning again since I had enjoyed the series so much, and I wanted to refresh my memory of all the details. I'm almost done with book #1, and it's neat to see all the foreshadowing of certain events. There were tiny details that had escaped my notice the first time I had read the book, but this time I picked up on the subtleties.

Book #8 is scheduled to come out in December! :happydance:

It's on my list!
I have started to really enjoy fantasy and there are some fantastic writers out there. Lots of people have recommended this series to me. I think I just need a spare five minutes to try to crack the first book open! :dohh:

You won't regret it! The writing is very high quality, and you really feel like you're back in 18th century Scotland.

Cheers! I'll bump it up my summer reading list and we can start a discussion thread on it!
By the way, congrats on that ticker! :happydance:

You know I am still on book one. :/ But I BET it will be one of my favorite series by the end. I do love Claire. :)

It's worth picking up again Regal :thumbup: I finished Outlander at the cape this weekend, and I started Dragonfly in Amber.

Currently reading Drums of Autumn, which is book 4. Overall, I'm 42% through the 7 book file (the entire Outlander series) on my Kindle.

I'd probably be done by now if I didn't spend so much time on BnB :haha:

Just started The Fiery Cross, which is book 5. 50% of the way through the 7 book series. A couple of weddings are coming up, which will be fun to read about. This is when I got distracted by other books the last time I was reading this series, so I am hoping to stick with it.

Hey! All I know is that it'll be on Starz in November!

Oh em gee. That means I have to at least finish the first book. It's paper back and I am so e-addicted now. I think I'll squeeze it in.

I'll look for the premier date. Gotta set myself a reminder. lol

Oh shoot, won't be on til 2014 - they're only starting to film this fall! You have plenty of time! :thumbup:

Awww man. Well some things are worth the wait!

Thought this might be of interest:
https://io9.com/what-ron-d-moore-changed-and-kept-in-the-outlander-t-1444347130

Neat! Thanks for sharing!

The actor playing Jamie looks prettier than I imagined him to be but DG says he's spot on so who am I to argue with the author? :haha:

I also really enjoy these books, im currently half way through the third.

Thanks for sharing the article on the TV series, im very excited they're adapting it for TV! I agree though, Jamie is a little prettier than imagined but still very goodlooking! 😆

Hi MrsB :wave:

There's a preview of the show posted on Diana's FB page but I haven't watched it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->