The Pearls' Book leads to another death

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Ozzieshunni

https://www.abajournal.com/news/art...tro&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily_email

When does it end? :nope:

thats horrific :( those books should be burned and banned, they should be thrown into jail too :nope: it's so evil the things they teach :nope:

I think this is where freedom of speech crosses the line. People should not be allowed to publish books about how to essentially abuse a child :nope:

The bible mentioned rod in guiding sheeps and i highly doubt they used it beat those sheep to punish them. But to guide them to the right path.

I think this is where freedom of speech crosses the line. People should not be allowed to publish books about how to essentially abuse a child :nope:

not everything is freedom of speech here. threats and promoting violence is illegal here

urgh........have no words.....:cry:

OT: ozziehunni your wee man is SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

Awwww!!!! Thanks!!!!! I don't think he's so cute at 4am wanting to play though :rofl:

Awwww!!!! Thanks!!!!! I don't think he's so cute at 4am wanting to play though :rofl:

awwwww i'll have him at 4am for you LOL........ the jumperoos are fab arent they .....one of my best buys :thumbup:

I would caution against blindly believing a news article. At least try to get the other side of the story: https://www.facebook.com/notes/no-g...each-parents-by-regina-normanson/381462822575

Just because they read that book does not make the author of the books bad. For goodness sakes, this is the same kind of thing muslims are fighting against when people get a negative view of all of them because of a few who decide to be suicide bombers. I have not read the book, but I did get a free download for the audiobook and I fully intend for my husband and I to listen to it. I have looked at the Pearl's website and they do not come across like extremists, even if the media is choosing to portray them that way.

I would caution against blindly believing a news article. At least try to get the other side of the story: https://www.facebook.com/notes/no-g...each-parents-by-regina-normanson/381462822575

Just because they read that book does not make the author of the books bad. For goodness sakes, this is the same kind of thing muslims are fighting against when people get a negative view of all of them because of a few who decide to be suicide bombers. I have not read the book, but I did get a free download for the audiobook and I fully intend for my husband and I to listen to it. I have looked at the Pearl's website and they do not come across like extremists, even if the media is choosing to portray them that way.

Wow! I can't believe that you are saying not to believe an article that a JUDGE sent to me :nope: Have you seen their interviews? It's shocking! I would believe a news article over a note on Facebook any day!

I'm not saying that they are perfect, or right, or anything. I'm merely saying at least give them a chance to defend themselves. That child's death was NOT the Pearls' fault! The parents need to take full responsibility for what they did. We live in a society that wants to blame bad (and sinful!) behavior on everyone else, whether it's their parents/raising, some book/people that they decided to follow in a cult-like fashion, or w/e. But it is 100% those parents fault what happened in this situation.

When parents get any information about raising children, they need to examine it for themselves instead of just following it blindly or out of context. According the the excerpts from the book that were shown in that facebook note (and many articles on their website), the Pearls do NOT advocate child abuse. As they are on the defensive, they may be taking some of the quotes from their book out of context, I don't know as I haven't read it. But I can gaurantee you that the media/news outlets are also taking things out of context.

There are two sides to every story. I myself find it very easy to believe news articles without always thinking critically about all sides of the issue. I have not looked at interviews with the Pearls. I work long days for 4 days a week, and when my weekend hits I intend to research the matter further than I've been able to so far.

Okay, yes it is the parents fault for following the book. Never the less, the people who wrote it, are disgraceful and they should face consequence's for the actions that are coming from their twisted and disgusting advice.

But how do you know their advice is twisted and disgusting? Have you read it for yourself?

The Pearls are advocates of spanking, but they are strongly against all forms of child abuse. They are adamant that you should never spank (or do any other discipline) out of anger, partly because it doesn't actually correct their behavior it just teaches the child that the biggest, strongest person wins, and also because anger can escalate things to an abusive level very quickly. And that applies to all forms of discipline, not just spanking. Screaming at your children because you're at your wits end can be just as damaging (if not more!), emotionally, as spanking has the potential to be, physically.

There's nothing wrong with sending a child to be without supper if it is appropriate, relevant discipline to the situation. Not feeding them for days and starving them to death like those parents did is clearly wrong and violates the methods the Pearls are advocating. That is abuse, not training or discipline out of love.

Hitting a child with an object other than the hand is child abuse in the United States. Plain and simple. They are advocating it by saying you should beat your child with a switch regardless of whether or not they do anything wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"