The Pill...

Rosie_

Reaction score
Hello well Me and My man are Waiting to try and we are not quite yet in a position to have a child, but it would work if it just happened.

I am 18, VERY nearly 19, and I have been on the pill microgynon for nearly 3 years.
How long does it normally take if you have planned a baby for it to happen?
Can I just stop taking it?

Thanks.xx

Its different for different people, my mother was on Microgynon for about 6 years, came off it and concieved me within 3 months. That being said I came off them in July 09 (I was on it for 5/6 yearsish, I can't really remember its been so long!) and I am still waiting for a period.. though I am not actively trying until my honeymoon.

Edit: I just stopped taking them at the end of the pack as normal and then just didn't go onto the next.

Hope this helps x :happydance:

It depends on you as a person. I has a proper period a month after coming off the pill.

I was on microgynon for about 5 years - I came off and my cycles went back to normal straight away.

When I went to the docs for my pre TTC check up she asked if I was on the BCP and I told her that I wasn't - she was happy with that and said that she recommended that women have 6 months off it before TTC.

Saying that...a lot of people say that you are super fertile in the first few months coming off the pill!

I think it is really one of those things that is different for everyone but I must say I haven't heard too many horror stories about microgynon.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"