the pope and condoms

coccyx

Reaction score
Am I reading it right that he is saying yes to male prostitutes wearing condoms but not ok for ladies to ask men to ? Is this a step forward

Ah yes, the niche of devout catholic male prostitutes. Good to know they're thought of.

Sorry that I had nothing more to add.

Yet.
:winkwink:

I just hope that it is. It is very frightening that so many people all over the world feel they cannot/ do not use condoms because of the word of one man.

It can't be that he's just referring to gay men, surely!? Women have STD's too! Crazy!

It can't be that he's just referring to gay men, surely!? Women have STD's too! Crazy!

It's because men can't get pregnant. :dohh:

I mean, if you're RC then surely you're not against contraception, because if God can get one virgin pregnant surely no amount of contraception in the world can stop him if he really wanted babies being produced? :shrug:

just saying.... :blush:

You arnt allowed condoms or any contraceptive at all in the catholic religion as far as I heard growing up.
And I am atheist now. How embarrassing that my family even would listen and like the pope.

It's because men can't get pregnant. :dohh:

I mean, if you're RC then surely you're not against contraception, because if God can get one virgin pregnant surely no amount of contraception in the world can stop him if he really wanted babies being produced? :shrug:

just saying.... :blush:

Haha that made me chuckle, but he is god with super sperm, we are just puney little mortals :)

We dont use condoms but not because he said I cant its because I cant be bothered with the fiddly little buggers :)

:dohh: I read about this too. Sorry but I think the Pope's a joke.

I know and poor them! But I suppose it's only really the same as us all being represented by David Cameron and the other 17 millionaires in cabinet that have no comprehension of what it's like to be a real person.

Shouldn't the popes only opinion on prostitutes be that they should stop their fornication?

Apparently the pope has since said that it's ok for anyone to use a condom. I know no further information, I tend to tune out as soon as I see anything about him - he's not good for the anger levels!

I dont understand what could possibly be wrong with using condoms in the first place? Why didnt the catholic faith allow it?

stopping human life being created. Yet they believe Mary was a virgin. humm.

I still dont get it lol......its not like u are ending a pregnancy or stopping an egg that has already been fertilised. Sex is meant to be enjoyed between two people that love eachother...its not just for making babies!

With Catholics its for making babies and thats it and before marriage your going to hell. I am going to hell apparently but I know loads there so I wont be lonely. Its a religion that tries to control with out dates ridiculous statements thats all based on faith that I find insulting to be expected to believe in. Sorry I hope that dosnt offend whatever floats your boat and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->