The quit smoking support thread!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
I thought it might be an idea to do a quit smoking support thread... I really really want to quit!!

So this thread is for anyone who has quit and need extra support, or can offer support to others or for people who wants to quit and needs the motivation!! :)

Anyone with me...?!?

:)

Last Cigarette Smoked
Babystar ~ Friday 13th March :happydance:

Quit Dates
Kristy87 ~ 31st May

I will join! Although technically I haven't had a cigarette in about 7 wks...but im still craving tho! So is it ok if I join?? :)

:hugs:

of course...
I will change the 1st page to invite ppl who have already quit also :)
what was your quit date.. we could put that on the 1st page too :)

Thank you :)

It was Friday march 13th at 2.40PM :rofl:! imagine me knowing the time too! boohoohoo! Still bloody hard! Cos OH still smokes! :cry:

:hugs: sweetie that was my problem, I quit as soon as I got my :bfp: and OH carried on smoking... so I then kinda thought "what the heck??"!!

Im not a huge smoker though, less than 10 a day, but I dont want to be a smoker!!!! :hissy:

hey kristy... was hoping you would join us :):)

Im going to TRY and quit before then but saying TRY isnt a good start... :rofl:

I have my sisters party weds night so I will want to smoke for that.. alcohol and all... normally after a night out I feel so rotten i think Im never going to smoke again... so Im going to try after then!!

:)

Hi hun can i join x
I tried to stop about 3 weeks ago and i lasted 15 hrs :blush:
but then i started again cos i just found it sooooo bloody HARD x

of course :)

15 hours is good going though if your a heavy smoker?!? how many do you smoke a day?

Do you have a date in mind??

xx

I have between 10-15 a day :blush:
No i ant got a date set but hopefully i can do it while im away in june x
that way il have lots of diff things to take my mind of it x

where r u going in june?? is it a holiday? I would prob say to set the date for when you get home? You want to enjoy yourself?!?

Were only going to karls mums caravan in skeggy lol
i thought doing it while i was away would be easier cos all my fam and friend smoke x

Good for you girls :)

I stopped smoking about 18 months ago, I have a few sneaky ones when Im out but usually only 1 or 2.

Just wanted to offer my support if any of you need it :) its a really hard thing to do and even now I still get cravings.

xxx

LINZI did you use any products x

I cut down in July 2007 from about 10-15 a day to maybe 1 or 2, and then as normal when I went out drinking (which is my weak spot) using an inhaler (you know the weird little white things?). I tried gum, lozenges and patches but none worked apart from that inhaler!!!

I stopped completely in october 2007 when I found out I was pregnant. I didnt want to use NRt so I just relied on willpower, snapping elastic bands on my wrist (sounds weird but worked lol) and lollypops. I think for me it was more the habit of putting something to my mouth. Im not very confident and very shy, so smoking was always somethign I hid behind when I went out iykwim? So finding sometghing to do with my hands was the most important thing for me.

xxx

totally agree with lollypops this used to help me LOADS when pregnant... and beings I worked in a restaurant and we gave lollypops to the kids it was great :)
It is definetly the social thing attached to it....

I havent had a smoke all morning... although craving it now... :hissy: but its the standing outside, with a drink in the hand, laughing, joking, smoking.. its all together :(
I went through a stage ONLY smoking when i went out, but i think Im past that stage now, its gotta stop, full stop!! But how do I stop something I enjoy?!?! :(

I enjoyed smoking too but Idont think you can do it until you WANT to do it. I tried hundreds of times before and it never worked because OH was putting pressure on me to do it when I didnt really want to iykwim?

xxx

I enjoyed smoking too but Idont think you can do it until you WANT to do it. I tried hundreds of times before and it never worked because OH was putting pressure on me to do it when I didnt really want to iykwim?

xxx

No I know what you mean... totally... ive managed to do it before, quite a number of times but always went back to it!! I said I was quitting after my holiday... the day after I got back I was miserable, starting afresh on my diet and caved .... I only got duty free tobacco on the thought I was quitting but Im smoking that too now!! i really want OH to do it with me... :( but hes promised me loads... and hes the same he will only do it if he WANTS to and atm I dont think he does :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->