The quit smoking support thread!!

Im still on 5 a day :blush:
I think i need some gum or something to help me x

Kerry good luck for monday :hugs:

im doing crap! im back to 20 a day. bit stressed etc just now...... so it really doesnt help, but right now any excuse is an excuse to have a fag. ugh.....

I smoked for 10 years and gave up nearly a year ago best thing I ever did. I dont stink of smoke anymore I feel better in myself and I will live longer to be round my kids. I just think if u really want to quit u will not just for u but for ur kids as well

I did it and quit, had to bump this thread up, cos im going to need to rely on this for support, i am on day 2 iv found it easier than i thought, just kept myself busy, house is sparkling, only problemi have is the gum, it hellp so much to pass the craving, but because i have gastritis at the moment, its causing my stomach to go in agony, so im trying to spit the juices from the gum so i dont swallow it, disgusting i know, but its the only thing i can do, i am going to invest in one of those electronic cigarettes, cos i have a party at weekend, and going to be around people smoking, and im use to it myself if i have a drink, so it should help me get through the night, how is everyone else doing?

I quit when i was 12 weeks pregnant,I cut down to 2-3 a day when i found out i was pregnant & after having my scan i thought no i cant do this anymore and havent touched a fag since.
The first week was the hardest, and what made it worse was i was to a party that weekend and so many people were smoking i just wanted to scream at them :haha:
As the weeks have gone on it has got easier - but a part of me feels i'm only doing this because i'm pregnant - i dont want people to think i sound like a bitch cos all i want to do is give my baby the best start in life but i just think im gunna cave in once LO is born :|
On a gd note - i feel alot healthier and i dont SMELL of smelly smoke :haha: xxxx

Julietz,
I have a suggestion to help with quitting smoking. I was a smoker as well I saw on the Today show at one point to mix a teaspoon of cream of tartar in orange juice before going to bed...no joke...it gets rid of cravings...at least for my husband and I it did. I had no problems quitting whereas before I always gave in the cravings made me physically sick..
I really hope this helps you can look it up online if you want supposedly the concoction helps to pull nicotine out of your system quicker and all day I just kept drinking water and O.J. and O.J. everynight with cream of tartar for a 4 days and then I was perfectly fine

Julietz,
I have a suggestion to help with quitting smoking. I was a smoker as well I saw on the Today show at one point to mix a teaspoon of cream of tartar in orange juice before going to bed...no joke...it gets rid of cravings...at least for my husband and I it did. I had no problems quitting whereas before I always gave in the cravings made me physically sick..
I really hope this helps you can look it up online if you want supposedly the concoction helps to pull nicotine out of your system quicker and all day I just kept drinking water and O.J. and O.J. everynight with cream of tartar for a 4 days and then I was perfectly fine

Thank you so much Baby.D i will defo be trying this, never heard of it, but il give anything ago, il post back here how it goes when i have it and tried it ty :)

of course anything that will help I swear this is what saved me the vitamin C in the O.J mixed with the cream of tartar (I know sounds bizarre) which actually cut out physical withdrawls and make a cigarette if you do smoke taste absolutely repulsive! I forgot to mention that you can drink the O.J. and cream of tartar in the morning too but I found that it gave me the runs so I just stuck to it at night at plain orange juice all day!
I really hope it works for you because I know how hard quitting smoking is people underestimate how hard it can be
let me know how your progress goes!

i tried to quit a few days ago. ive smoked for 4 years. i found it easy in the day as long as i was eating something every hour lol but as soon as the night came the cravings kicked in. so in the night i'd have 1-2 and then all the next day i wouldnt have one until the night again. but then i started craving them in the day and food wwasnt working anymore :( i wish i could stop because im only a size 6-8 and would love to put on weight especially as im ttc so giving up smoking would help me put on weight as thats all i do when i havent had a smoke. when im pregnant i think it would be easier to stop because then i have something to stop for. but i would really like to stop before i fall pregnant. any tips??

Try baby.d's advice, i bought some today so going to try it over the weekend, honestly all iv done today is eat chicken legs, jelly beans, and wotsits, you would think i was pregnant, it is hard it helps when you rly do want to quit, try smoking a cigarette one after the other until it makes you want think iv had enough. iv tried about 4times to quit and went back, but im not giving up, at least i can say iv tried, gl hun :)

Am I ok to join this. Im desperate to stop, but am finding it really hard x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"