The quit smoking support thread!!

I had one of those nicorete inhalers, (as i was planning to quit for the millionth time lol) but my OH took that off me when i got pregnant!!

oh, i tried one of those n it just made me spew and cough.

i think when i try to stop again im gonna have to buy the chewing gum, even though ive always hated the thought of it x

If i hadn't got pregnant then i think the only way i would have quit is by locking myself in a room and sleeping 24/7 coz i had cigarettes on the brain!

I used to love having the inhaler even if it was just for work it was great!!!

hahaha when i gave up recently for 2 days i just slept. that way i couldnt think about it!!!!

kerry ali and pixie, how are we getting on? im doing rubbish, back to about 15 a day grrrr

:hugs:
Kirsty

Im back to 5 a day :blush: i should be going down not up :blush:

its so hard isnt it hun. i got unwell when giving up and ended up admitted to hosp, not related to smoking though, and coz they didnt know what was wrong, oh wouldnt let me use any nrt, he just doesnt understand how hard it is arrgghhh

Karl is the same hun he as been saying i dont no y your finding it soooo HARD :hissy: but he as never smoked so he doesnt understand x
Kirsty we will quit am sure of it :hugs:

im back to about 6 a day :(

havent got any with me today but want one :(

i need a quit day and stick to it!!

Have any of you tried finding things to do with your hands to get your minds off smoking and keep yourselves distracted?? I did cross stitch for a while which helped?

hmm i thought about that, coz it will break the hand to mouth sorta habit. or smoke a pen!!! ingenious......

Yeah they make you feel sick when you smoke, not a nicotine replacement, but a bit like really bad morning sickness whenever you light up. FINALLY got them! Went to docs today and have 2 weeks worth, have to go again in 2 weeks for the rest. Wont work til day 8, but least it's started!
Aly at least you've cut down! That's a biiiig step, a lot better than I'm doing :rofl:

Haha for some reason it took me to page 15 :dohh:

I'm on 10 a day, damn that heavenly nicotine rush... even talking about quitting makes me want to go smooooke. Gonna smoke as much as I can til day 8, then I wont be able to enjoy them and will surely quit! Or I might take BeckaJaynes idea and hide in bed 24/7 til it felt safe to return to the normal world :p

i think ill get these from doctor. do they ask much questions or anything hun? how you feeling with them?x

Yeah they make you feel sick when you smoke, not a nicotine replacement, but a bit like really bad morning sickness whenever you light up. FINALLY got them! Went to docs today and have 2 weeks worth, have to go again in 2 weeks for the rest. Wont work til day 8, but least it's started!
Aly at least you've cut down! That's a biiiig step, a lot better than I'm doing :rofl:

is that the champix? i was going to get them before i got pregnant but you can't use them if your pregnant or trying thats why they gave me the inhaler!!

i was told they were the most effective in helping people quit so good luck

Hi ladies, gatecrashing but I just stumbled upon this thread and I wanted to say I've had my 10 months smoke free anniversary the other day and it feels bloody marvelous. One of the best things I've ever done for myself -used patches and they worked a charm- so I just wanted to say I know just how hard it is but keep to it everyone as it will keep getting easier!

Loads of good luck!

im WTT to when we start TTC thats when i will stop, i also smoke pot from time to time so im planning on giving that up as well as drinking. my OH wont give up pot but will give up smoking and drinking so i suppose that a good thing really

As long as he smokes it away from you, passive smoke's just as harmful! :)

I'm now on day 4, although I should really say day 1 because I had 3 pulls of Dan's mum's cigarette yesterday :blush: buttt I'ma say day 4, as she offered me a full one and I refused :D I'm feeling better than I thought I would, still want to smoke but I'm determined to give these up! They did ask questions, but only stuff like 'how many a day' etc.

Im still smoking :dohh: but Im thinking monday again!!

THIS TIME Ill stick to it :)

hows everyone else doing?

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"