The Really Useful TCM Thread

>>>However, my question is, since my appointment isn't until Christmas Eve, do you think I should phone early in December so the paperwork is started, or wait for the appointment, which will realistically mean paperwork won't be started until the new year? Obviously, although I don't want IVF, I also don't want to wait any longer for a baby!

I think you should get the paperwork started if possible. Of course IVF isn't ideal, but I find it removes some of my stress knowing that I have another avenue to pursue in the near future. And hopefully you'll get pregnant in the meantime and be able to cancel those appointments.

5 DPO and not much to report here. I think I'm going to go to acupuncture tomorrow morning.

It's very quiet on here...

Had acu today.

Session 15

Although spotting still started around 7dpo, there was far less of it this cycle, until yesterday, when I got up and thought my period had arrived as I'd had a bit of a 'gush' of blood! However, there was no pain and the bleeding subsided to mere spotting again, but more the level I'd expect than that I'd been experiencing for the last week. Last night I had a large clot. So anyway, I explained all this to the acu, and also that it was very dark, almost black blood. She felt that it might not be a bad thing and that it might be cleansing. When I explained that my wrist point had hurt so much last time, she linked to 2 things together, saying it suggested there was 'congestion' and the clot may have been the congestion clearing.
She asked how my mood/emotions had been and I told her that this is the first month for about 18 months when I haven't been tearful when the spotting started and/or when af arrived. I said I thought I was desensitised to it, but she said she thought I was emotionally stronger as she had worked a lot on that. Who knows!
So not so many needles today, but here's what I had:

1 on my inner right wrist
1 on left wrist - not the same position as the right
4 on tummy, below navel, sort of like a long diamond shape laying sideways across my tummy, so one above the other below navel, then one either side
1 on each inner knee
1 on each leg part way down my shin - inner leg again
1 around each inner ankle
1 on left foot, on the fleshy bit between big toe and the next toe
1 on right foot, on the inner sold, just below toe joint

She burnt moxa on my tummy points and I did actually feel quite relaxed today.
When we'd finished, I told her that I shall have to stop going for a while as finances are tight. I also said that having gone from bbt charting to cbfm to acu, with a bit of reflexology thrown in for good measure, that it might not be a bad idea to lay off the therapies! So we've left it that I will contact her if there are any developments and that I may well get in touch in the new year when IVF is imminent.

So as for this thread, I kind of feel like I shouldn't be contributing any more, but I probably shall, or at least I'll be reading what everyone's up to.
I wish you all lots of luck and hope the acu is more successful for you than it has been so far for me.

Hi Sizzles. I hope you continue to check in from time to time. I've really enjoyed chatting with you on here. I totally understand stopping acu for the time being. I think there are some problems that are really complicated and maybe acu would have worked months down the line, but when you're ready to start a family, that is just too much time.

I've still been going to my acu appointments, but I haven't been posting about them as much since they have been become pretty routine. I'm not expecting any huge breakthroughs anymore.

I realize I forgot to post about my FS appointment after emoting about it in my journal. I was pretty upset after it because I had expected some clear answers. I got a lot of confusing information but no real answers. My thyroid results were not as clear as I would have liked. My TSH was 0.55, which is a very low or borderline result, but not low enough for me to get treated. My FS thought that was just fine and didn't think it warranted any further testing or treatment.

Dh's SA turned out to be fine, but with low morphology and low normal motility. FS said his numbers should have been good enough to get me pregnant.

The results of my HSG were the most distressing of all. Left tube was fine and the right one was blocked. The radiologist thought the right tube was in spasm. The intern who looked at it thought that she saw a little bit of dye spilling out of it. The FS thought there was a definite block because the dye went into the tube a little way and abruptly stopped. She mentioned quickly that whatever caused the right tube to block could have damaged the functioning of the left tube, but she really did not seem to be concerned about it at all. No further HSGs are to be done.

The FS is going to put me on a mix of Clomid and injectibles. I was still worried about the right tube, but she assured me that she would not have me do it if she didn't think there was a reasonable chance of success. I had a large cyst on my left ovary--the side I thought I ovulated from. I am to go on CD3 to get an ultrasound to see if the cyst has gone down and I can start the Clomid/injectibles.

I was so emotional after my appt. I felt like it all had been a waste of time. Especially on the tubes where three different doctors had looked at it and came to three different conclusions, but no followup testing was done. I was also frustrated on the thyroid tests. With my symptoms, I couldn't believe there was no follow up. I understand that you can't rule out a thyroid problem with just a TSH test.

I calmed down over the weekend, and I decided to pay for my own thyroid testing with the T3 and T4 levels and to consult and endo if necessary. I've decided to go through with the Clomid treatment my FS is recommending, even though I'm worried that the underlying cause of my troubles is not being addressed. I still firmly believe that my thyroid is out of whack, and that is what is causing the cysts on my ovaries and my fertility troubles.

I am going to continue with acu not only to help me to get pregnant, but because I did get the feeling that all of my symptoms were being taken into account and that she was doing her best to find the root cause.

Hi Sizzles. I hope you continue to check in from time to time. I've really enjoyed chatting with you on here. I totally understand stopping acu for the time being. I think there are some problems that are really complicated and maybe acu would have worked months down the line, but when you're ready to start a family, that is just too much time.

I've still been going to my acu appointments, but I haven't been posting about them as much since they have been become pretty routine. I'm not expecting any huge breakthroughs anymore.

I realize I forgot to post about my FS appointment after emoting about it in my journal. I was pretty upset after it because I had expected some clear answers. I got a lot of confusing information but no real answers. My thyroid results were not as clear as I would have liked. My TSH was 0.55, which is a very low or borderline result, but not low enough for me to get treated. My FS thought that was just fine and didn't think it warranted any further testing or treatment.

Dh's SA turned out to be fine, but with low morphology and low normal motility. FS said his numbers should have been good enough to get me pregnant.

The results of my HSG were the most distressing of all. Left tube was fine and the right one was blocked. The radiologist thought the right tube was in spasm. The intern who looked at it thought that she saw a little bit of dye spilling out of it. The FS thought there was a definite block because the dye went into the tube a little way and abruptly stopped. She mentioned quickly that whatever caused the right tube to block could have damaged the functioning of the left tube, but she really did not seem to be concerned about it at all. No further HSGs are to be done.

The FS is going to put me on a mix of Clomid and injectibles. I was still worried about the right tube, but she assured me that she would not have me do it if she didn't think there was a reasonable chance of success. I had a large cyst on my left ovary--the side I thought I ovulated from. I am to go on CD3 to get an ultrasound to see if the cyst has gone down and I can start the Clomid/injectibles.

I was so emotional after my appt. I felt like it all had been a waste of time. Especially on the tubes where three different doctors had looked at it and came to three different conclusions, but no followup testing was done. I was also frustrated on the thyroid tests. With my symptoms, I couldn't believe there was no follow up. I understand that you can't rule out a thyroid problem with just a TSH test.

I calmed down over the weekend, and I decided to pay for my own thyroid testing with the T3 and T4 levels and to consult and endo if necessary. I've decided to go through with the Clomid treatment my FS is recommending, even though I'm worried that the underlying cause of my troubles is not being addressed. I still firmly believe that my thyroid is out of whack, and that is what is causing the cysts on my ovaries and my fertility troubles.

I am going to continue with acu not only to help me to get pregnant, but because I did get the feeling that all of my symptoms were being taken into account and that she was doing her best to find the root cause.

Sorry to hear you've been on such a rollercoaster Cali! :hugs: I can't believe they haven't been more helpful where your tubes are concerned.

Right, as for the thyroid thing, I've attached a link to a forum discussion about TSH and T4 (the other thyroid hormone which you're referring to which should/could be checked) levels. You'll recognise me on there! The reading I referred to was for TSH and it was 0.48, which everyone seems to think is fine, so I'd think your 0.55 is also fine. My more recent reading was also around that mark, so they consider my medication to be stable (if you're getting similar readings without meds it suggests you don't need them.) However, I too worry about my T4 levels as these aren't checked as part of my regular thyroid checks and they can cause problems.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregna...thyroid-and-pregnancy?msgid=33842704#33842704

Fingers crossed for the clomid approach!

Sizzles thanks so much for that link! Thyroid issues are sooo tricky. From what I can understand, even if your TSH is within normal limits, you would definitely need to look at your Free T3 and Free T4 levels to be able to rule out a thyroid condition. Many docs only look at TSH which is a problem because that can fluctuate quite a bit during the day and because sometimes TSH doesn't change right away in response to changing T3 and T4 levels. Also, ideally TSH should be within 1 and 2 so if it's outside of that range, you'd definitely want to look at the actual free T3 and free T4 levels.

I am still just learning about this myself, but I think if you have any doubt about your thyroid functioning, you should get your free T3 and free T4 levels tested. If those levels come back in normal range for me then I will be able to let it go but definitely not just on TSH.

Hi everybody,

I had used TCM before my first pregnancy and would like to give it a shot for our TTCying.
In 2008 I had "Jin Gui Shen Qi Wan" (sexoton Pills - Eight Rehmannia Formula Pills).

Did someone here have success with this formula too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->