The results are in!!!!!

M

Mom23monkies

this is a repeat thread from another board but I am posting here as well!!!

so I went to the doctor yesterday and got the results from my blood work.
It seems I have a clotting disorder called MTHFR
SO I am being put on an asperin everyday and a mega dose of folic acid
USUALY folic acid is measured in MICROgrams and I am on 4 MILLIgrams lol
apparently this disorder causes problems absorbing B9 which IS folic acid!!
SO most likly this caused my miscarriages and this treatment helps MOST women carry thier baby to term!!!
Its kinda bad news but its good news at the same time!
The doctor said he wanted me on this regimin for 6-8 weeks before ttc again so that leaves us working fine with out Jan tc date!!!
YAY!!!!!

Hi
I'm glad you have got answers and a treatment to enable you to carry a baby to term.
Looks like you can have a great Christmas with lots of :drunk:
Good luck for Jan
xxxxxxxxx

Interesting - I never heard of that. Knowledge is power, right? Hopefully the supplements will do the trick! :thumbup:

Thank you ladies
I am excited now!!!
I am already baby shopping
(ok well window shopping but still HAHA)

That is great news... I know it's not ideal, but at least you know WHAT is going on. I think knowing is better! And it sounds very positive for you going forward :) Yay YOU!!!!!!

Good luck and lots of sticky bean baby dust for the future!!!

I think that's great news. Its a relatively easy thing to treat so you should count yourself lucky, i think.

All the best and may you get very lucky soon! :)

So pleased that you finally got some answers and there are positive steps you can take for a better outcome in the future. Wishing you lots of luck in ttc in Jan xxx

This is fantastic news! - well sort of :blush:

I mean, knowing what the problem is and being able to do something relatively simple to sort it is a massively positive step!! I'm so pleased for you, this is the first day of the rest of your life - onwards and upwards sweetie :thumbup:

:hugs:

I'm glad that you got some answers. I hope this helps you have a sticky bean.

thank you ladies
I have actually talkd to two ppl i know IRL who have it and have had healthy pregnancies after finding out and being treated!!!!

I think it always makes u feel better when u find out theres a reason for the difficulty in not conceiving or carrying, rather than the not knowing why.

Good luck to u and hopefully itll be ur time soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->