The rudeness of some people!

pandaspot

Mum to zack
Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing good. I have to share this with you what some woman said to me Sunday!

We were on the way to watch a football match at wembley stadium so everyone was drinking apart from me and oh. This woman and her partner sat by me, my oh was at the back of bus chatting.

Now she is normally okish I don't know her too well and she started off with " what on earth has happened" pointing at her and my belly. I laughed that off. She already knew I was pregnant. Fast forward 10 mins and more alchol for her, and I am minding my own business. She says" your having a girl are you" I said "no it's a boy" she said "are you sure " I said "yes, three scans confirmed, plus got photos of bits if you want to see" she said " well I am surprised, boys are normally nice and neat, girls mess up your body and you put on weight everywhere. You know all over your hips, arse, stomach, face , everywhere" I sat there thinking my god your rude! But ignored, she them proceeded with"are you sure that's a boy?!" I said " yes, I will show you scan photo" showed her the scan photo of bits, she just had a confused look on her face saying " I can't make anything out" I thought then she is drunk I will just show her a 4d face photo. So got a pic up, she went " oh my god! What an ugly baby!" I said " thanks, that's really nice!" I put away phone, and turned away to read. She sat there saying " it was an ugly picture, (just remembered this bit!), it does look like you, same eyes and nose"

I told oh, he was livid!!

I told him to leave it till she is sober and her oh.

She did attempt to sit by us again but oh told her to get lost lol. This woman is in her mid 40's so should know better! It didn't bother me to much at the time! I just thought she is just drunk. I suppose I have been quite lucky as this was first time someone had made rude comments about my pregnancy

What has everyone else had said to them which is incredibly rude?

Well you handled that better then I would have. I would have decked her.

Did you go see Newport County by any chance :)

Sounds like she was a lovely woman! To be honest it seems like as you didn't rise to any of her comments she kept going on and on hoping to get a reaction? Like you say she was drunk which is no excuse but some people just turn stupid once they've had a drink. Easier said than done but you've just got to ignore it - as hard as this is you'll be the better person for it.

I had a woman in work who kept calling me jelly belly every time I saw her and let me just say she is one of these people with a voice that no one can ignore! As I work in an office everyone would turn round to look - in the end I just turned round and said I've got a baby not some jelly but in a ruder way and she soon shut up.

You'd think that women would support each other during these times knowing what it feels like but no some are just down right rude.

OMG that is possibly the rudest thing i've heard, what a horrible woman. I'd ignore each of her comments and focus on being happy and healthy in your pregnancy. Wow, she's bonkers.

Me "we've picked names" MIL "ok what are they?" Me "Tanner James Kent for a boy and Alyanah Lea Kent for a girl" MIL "ew they're ugly names, if its a girl name her Rose, if its a boy name him Andrew (after hubs' dead dad-now I f.ing hate the man, never met him, but from what I hear, he was an absolute f*ckwit!!! NO way I'm naming my son after him)
Me "I'll name my baby whatever I want" MIL "but the names aren't nice"
And just about everything else she says to me is downright rude lol.

I'm sorry she was a rude bitch :hugs: post a pic of bub so we can all coo over your little peanut :D <3
Wait..... Are you sure it's a boy :rofl: :haha:

Did you go see Newport County by any chance :)

Sounds like she was a lovely woman! To be honest it seems like as you didn't rise to any of her comments she kept going on and on hoping to get a reaction? Like you say she was drunk which is no excuse but some people just turn stupid once they've had a drink. Easier said than done but you've just got to ignore it - as hard as this is you'll be the better person for it.

I had a woman in work who kept calling me jelly belly every time I saw her and let me just say she is one of these people with a voice that no one can ignore! As I work in an office everyone would turn round to look - in the end I just turned round and said I've got a baby not some jelly but in a ruder way and she soon shut up.

You'd think that women would support each other during these times knowing what it feels like but no some are just down right rude.

Yes I did go and watch Newport county :) are you from the Newport area or Wrexham?

Yeah you would think women would support other women! She obviously didn't give a damn what she said lol.

Nice woman in your work too, by the sound of it!

Me "we've picked names" MIL "ok what are they?" Me "Tanner James Kent for a boy and Alyanah Lea Kent for a girl" MIL "ew they're ugly names, if its a girl name her Rose, if its a boy name him Andrew (after hubs' dead dad-now I f.ing hate the man, never met him, but from what I hear, he was an absolute f*ckwit!!! NO way I'm naming my son after him)

I'm sorry she was a rude bitch :hugs: post a pic of bub so we can all coo over your little peanut :D <3

Lol yes I am sure it's a boy :D your mil sounds a right cow. We haven't told anyone the name we have chosen for that reason. Can't be arsed with people saying that's horrible :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 24
MIL "ew they're ugly names, if its a girl name her Rose, if its a boy name him Andrew

This is the exact reason why we have not told anyone what we are naming our baby, only oh & I know the name!

To the OP, what a horrid woman, people say stupid things when they are drunk, we had friends over at Christmas when I was almost 4 months pregnant, I cooked a 3 course meal for 8 people (that oh & I paid for), took me 5 hours too & 2 of the guests got really drunk & started acting like morons. Everyone had contributed in some way & when I asked them to help out with the washing up all hell broke loose, you would have thought they were 5 years old (not 32) with the way they acted, swearing, yelling, wrestling & towel whipping each other with me standing right by & almost hitting me, throwing our expensive cutlery all over the place...it was a nightmare! I ended up telling oh to ask everyone to leave & I went to bed. We also had another friend spill wine all over our new couch because she was so slumped over drunk on it & then blame me because she was moving to let me sit down & if she hadn't had to move then she would not have spilled it, the cheek!! Needless to say we have not had any dinner parties in our house since with any of those people!

ps - your scan is lovely, such a clear shot of bubs :)

I'm in Newport :)

That nasty woman must've had her beer goggles on as that is such a nice pic, your baby boy looks so comfy.

We've done the same with our little girls name, only OH and I know as I just can't be arsed for the oh my sisters uncles dog was called that. Yawn! But then you get people saying oh well you best have another name as they may not suit the name you've chosen. I always feel like I'm playing battleships!

OMG look at that tiny face :D that bitch is blind cause he's downright adorable!!!!! is that a teeny hand up there? And is that hair? Lol
I'm so jealous of the fancy scans :( we're hoping to save enough to get one around the time of my shower next month :)

Oh hi fellow newportian :)

I know, the woman defo wearing beer googles cause he is so lush and cute! Do you think that is hair? It looks all curly if it is, aww that's even cuter if it is :D

Oh yeah there is no way I could stick people bad mouthing his name we have chosen. Definitely right about the my sister uncles dog thing lol

I watched one of the many baby documentaries on tv a few months back and the parents of an expected baby were discussing names and the guy was suggesting names one was josh and the woman was like no my dad had a parrot with that name. Then he suggested Joseph and she said "no that's Katie's babies name".He said "who is Katie?" She said" off corrie". Made me laugh loads lol

I'm not sure what hairs supposed to look like on the scans but it seems to "flow" like hair? Lol.
Aww now I want to know what all of you have chosen for names :D

Just wanted to say I don't know how you kept your cool with that woman! Who EVER tells someone that their baby is ugly? EVER!

The name we have chosen is zack...both me and oh have always liked the name individually since we were kids.

Where in qld are you from?

We are looking to immigrate in a few years time, looking at Sunshine Coast. Somewhere I have wanted to live since visiting a few years back.

Just wanted to say I don't know how you kept your cool with that woman! Who EVER tells someone that their baby is ugly? EVER!

I know!! Even if you think the baby is ugly, keep it to yourself!

The name we have chosen is zack...both me and oh have always liked the name individually since we were kids.

Where in qld are you from?

We are looking to immigrate in a few years time, looking at Sunshine Coast. Somewhere I have wanted to live since visiting a few years back.

I love that name! Very masculine :)

Born and raised on the Gold Coast but we bought our first house April 2012 in a small town about 3hours straight across inland from the Sunshine Coast.
We do miss the 'civilisation' of the coast but we prefer the quite small rural town :) all I can say is do your research; we didn't do our research on this town and got a rude surprise about flooding in the area when we moved here :shock:

Well you handled that very well! I'd have gone mad! Stupid woman x

Thanks :) I am quite proud of how I kept my cool. Luckily shortly after she said it we got off the bus so didn't have to be round her until our return home several hours later.

Expecting1: my sister lives on the Gold Coast. I am looking at maroochydore cause I really liked it when I visited years ago. We will research well, we are planning a trip over next September, as oh has never been to oz so he needs to see if he likes it.

Thanks :) I am quite proud of how I kept my cool. Luckily shortly after she said it we got off the bus so didn't have to be round her until our return home several hours later.

Expecting1: my sister lives on the Gold Coast. I am looking at maroochydore cause I really liked it when I visited years ago. We will research well, we are planning a trip over next September, as oh has never been to oz so he needs to see if he likes it.

Ohh nice choice :) they have everything there. (That's something we've missed.... Having a choice of shops hahah) you're a good drive to the amusement parks for kidlets and it'd make a nice drive to your sisters :)

First of all what a rude bitch. They say that the true person comes out when drunk lol

OMG that's my daughters name alianah but obviously with an I instead of y lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"