The safe arrival of Finley (positive induction story)

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
I have been known to ramble so do bare with me :coffee:

After weeks of high BP readings, many PET bloods, admission to hospital with steroids and contractions at 35 weeks, we had finally reached our planned induction date of 38 weeks.

Went in Monday morning to be induced and on the way saw a lovely rainbow, a beautiful sign from our Little Man in Heaven :cloud9: They had planned to give me a pessary, but I knew I was already 2cms from having a sweep the week previous so I questioned the method of induction and the decided to send me round to labour ward to have my waters broken :happydance:

I was 3cms when they broke them and had so much waters it was unbelievable. After a couple of hours had no pattern to contractions and BP had gone up to /100 so I had some tablets to lower my blood pressure and had the hormone drip added to my cannula. It took a while for my body to get into labour this time but when the contractions came I managed to breathe through most of them myself. I forgot how fantastic gas and air is, as soon as I started it I was laughing away, wishing I had started it sooner as its that great :lol: Suddenly contractions were one on top of the other and I had the urge to push. It was unexpected and MW said not to push she needed to get another MW and the birth pack ready, but when she realised that wasnt happening she said 'right is this baby coming straight onto your chest then' and had hubby pressing the alarm to get help... after just 3 minutes of pushing our little boy was born into the world.

It took a while to get him breathing on his own because the delivery had been so fast it had shocked him, but thankfully he was perfectly fine and hearing his little cry was the best sound in the world :cloud9:

He weighed an impressive 8lb 14oz :shock: no one expected him to be so big, even growth scans didnt pick up that he was such a large boy. He has taken to breast feeding really well and has settled in really well with his big sister at home. I feel so lucky to have such a lovely little family and feel as complete as we ever will.

Heres a photo of my gorgeous chunk :cloud9:

DSC_0311.jpg

Woohoo found it! Didn't realise you'd been in lol! Wrapped up in waiting for this LO!
How awesome to have a lil rainbow from Alex on way in :cloud9: and wow at his weight for 2 weeks early!! Got to love growth scans now!
3 mins of pushing !!

Congrats lots Hun, keep smiling:)

:wohoo: so glad he is here safely and you are all enjoying having him home. Glad Finley's birth was straight forward in the end.
:hugs:

Well done Hayley, you're an absolute star. Finley is just such a handsome chunk of love too, beautiful boy xxx

Congrats again hun, Finley is a beautiful chunky boy :cloud9: x

Congrats again hon, and well done! :hugs:

He's gorgeous :cloud9:

Lovely birth story :hugs: congratulations again :D

Congratulations, he's gorgeous xx

Massive massive comgratulations sweetie! Well done you! What a brilliant birth story :) still can't believe finley's great weight, he is utterly beautiful! Welcome to the world Bertie :cloud9: xxx

fantastic :dance: grt weight , grt birth ( superwoman!) massive congrats hes just so gorgeous x

Congratulations Hayley! Hes gorgeous xx

Huge congratulations honey! He is beautiful xxx

Huge congratulations :hugs: Bless little Alex showing you a rainbow on your way to hospital :cloud9:

Congratulations again :) Hes just gorgeous. Glad you had a nice labour. xx

massive congratulations xxx

what a fantastic birth story :) glad all went well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back