The shortlist is complete!

MrsSmartie

Mum to 1 and NTNP for #2
Reaction score
We are Team Yellow and not going to decide for sure on a name until bubs arrives but we have whittled the shortlist down to 3 of each!

Boys; (middle name Beau)
Caspar
Arthur
Dexter

Girls; (middle name Marie)
Matilda
Delilah
Ember

Hooray! X

:thumbup:
Caspar was my boys name, chosen for years, but I'm having another girl so won't get to use it :cry:

Nice choices!

casper makes me think ghost

dexter is very popular due to the show

delilah was the name of a biblical whore

the other two seem fine and i like ember its different and cute :)

Haha... I don't remember asking for opinions on them? Thanks greenlady, excited to have whittled it down :)

apart from where i clearly put 'me think' and 'i like' it not opinion its fact

good luck choosing a name

apart from where i clearly put 'me think' and 'i like' it not opinion its fact

good luck choosing a name

why are you being so rude??

fantastic names, OP. i especially like dexter and delilah!

Lovely names :)

I especially like Arthur and Matilda!

Em xxx

Love Arthur and Matilda and Delilah love the way u have three to choose from x

casper makes me think ghost

dexter is very popular due to the show

delilah was the name of a biblical whore

the other two seem fine and i like ember its different and cute :)

OMG rude fitler not working!!! :dohh:

Lovely names MrsSmartie, I should imagine you have heard a lot of names from your job. I especially like Dexter and Delilah :)

No offense, but you put your names on here so you should be ready for any and all opinions on them. Those are nice names for you, but they're not everyone's style (not mine sorry).

No offense, but you put your names on here so you should be ready for any and all opinions on them. Those are nice names for you, but they're not everyone's style (not mine sorry).

there is a HUGE difference between saying "i'm not keen on the name myself!" and "that's the name of a biblical whore - that's not opinion, that's fact."

one is appropriate, and one really isn't.

Lol. I am well aware of all the obvious preconceptions of the names we have picked, as if I wouldn't know about Casper the ghost! I am not religious so the Delilah thing doesn't mean a lot, plus in that day and age it shows an independent woman to me! I only posted on here to celebrate having picked the names, if I had put 'what do you think?' then fair enough. I know we have picked unusual names so I wouldn't expect them to be most people's cup of tea! Doesn't bother me. :) Our family like them and as a midwife, I know all the popular names (even the ones that people think are original!) and we wanted something different. Delilah will be shortened to Lilah or Dilly most of the time anyway if we use it but I think it is pretty! In the area of the UK where we are it is not a christian area so I don't think anyone will even think about the bible thing, probably just the Tom Jones song! Or Plain White Tees song, that one is nice...

i think your name choices are just fab, don't listen to the haters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->