The 'somethings not right feeling' true or false

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Mize1982, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Mize1982

Mize1982 Mya-My gift from God!

hay ladies -its another long one

i am sooooo sorry to go on, you must all be getting sick of me voicing my worries all the time.

I just wondered if you think the 'somethings not right' feeling is anything to go by.

as some of you may know on wednesday i had a gush when i coughed well i did eventually call the midwife who said if i wasnt leaking not to worry and she will see me wednesday. well i hadnt really been leaking (not more than the usual increase of watery discharge) well last night i got up from sitting for say an hour or so and went to the loo, when i looked at my pj's there was a hand size wet patch at the back of them (so thinking it couldnt be wee)

i put a towel on but because they are soooo thick (all i have) i couldnt tell if i had leaked etc. Well i took it off this morning and left my pants with out one as figured i could at least see this way. well i have another wet patch, now in the middle of my pants.

i just dont know whats happening and i have this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that something isnt right.

Mya has been getting quiter since wednesday night after the gush BUT she does do this, she can go for 3 days move only 6 times and then the moment they monitor her she has a rave. I've also been feeling a bit rough the past couple of days and been having a lot of pain when i turn over at night in my bump.

if i call my hospital i know they will say to go up and i have no money as the bank took a 25 pound charge out i wasnt expecting so they took my emergancy travel money and i dont have anyone here who could take me.

I just dont know if i am being paranoid because of my anxiety problems or if i should listern to the 'somethings not right feeling i'm getting' :(

2. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

Dont say sorry for asking. Its what we are here for. Im not as far aong as you but have had times of wet patches and have been checked out and its aways nothing. But as your further aong its important that you do at least call and ask. One thing you can try is change underware and clean yourself and then lie down for 30 minutes. When you stand up if its your water you will suddenly be wet as your water will collect in your pelvis. If not then its probably be ok. This is something i have heard but dont rely on just this.

I have had the not quite right feeling a few times and always been ok but it is important to at least ask. Also my girl has quite days like yours and then goes crazy

3. Mize1982

Mize1982 Mya-My gift from God!

thank you, i am trying the laying down with a pad on now and i'm getting a weird feeling like a dripping sensation down there, iykwim.

4. hondagirl

hondagirl Well-Known Member

Sometimes the 'something not right 'feeling is spot on and would be listened to by a midwife. I felt not quite right at the beginning of this week, suffice to say my bp had rocketed and Ive been in hospital the last 4 days. I would say yr waters were prob going but they might not do anything about it at a hospital yet as there is no risk until they've been gone a while, plus i think some waters ( hind waters poss) can sometimes leak then re seal. i would defo give them a call tho.

5. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

it sounds like they maybe going then. I have heard they can reseal. But you should also get checked out. Call the labour ward and ask them for advise and say that yoiur worried as yoiu have no money to get there. They may at least be able to advise you on long you can go without going in and also any worring signs

6. MrsBandEgglet

MrsBandEgglet Mummy to 3, expecting #4

A little O/T but last night at work I had this overwhelming feeling of dread, like something bad was gonna happen. It just came over me and I felt quite powerless. I ignored it though (what else can you do? :shrug:) and went back to work. A couple of hours later I realised some customers had left without paying and figured they can't have got very far so I started running after them out the store. I fell right onto my bump after losing my balance. Didn't realise how much I'd lost my centre of gravity lol :blush: I put my hands out to break my fall but it still hurt like hell! I was taken to hospital in the early hours of this morning to be checked over. Baby is perfectly fine but I have some internal bruising to my ribs as it appears when i fell everything kind of heaved up into my diaphram, so it hurts right at the top of my bump. Sorry for rambling but I have to say, TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS!! I wish I'd trusted mine and paid more due care and attention to what I was doing. I could have seriously hurt my baby and I feel so awful about it. :cry::cry: xx

7. Emma1980

Emma1980 Mummy to Finley

Honey if you're worried call the hospital, tell them that you dont have the money to get there and see what they say, if they really think you should come in they will tell you what to do - i had a similar thing a few weeks ago and i was adamant it wasnt pee! midwife is adamant it was! i still dont believe her but it put my mind at ease when they put the stick in and it didnt change colour!