The steroid junkies' perfectly unscientific medical trial

I found you :yipee:

:hi: Ladies, I've been inivited over to join the steroid crew. I'm due to start steroids in about 2 weeks time, it's my first time using them. We are doing ICSI with Empirical Immune Treatment, Steroids,Aspirin,Estrogen and Clexane. Bring on those side effects Woohoo!

Hi Doodar! :wave:

Mon, how are you getting on with your tww?

Hi Doodar! :wave:

Mon, how are you getting on with your tww?

Hi Petit! I am 7 DPO today and tested with FR. It sure looks negative but if you hold it just right you can see a very very light shadow. No pink so it could be an evap but then again, maybe not. I'll test again tomorrow morning. Can't wait to test again!:happydance:

I do have some symptoms but it's hard to pinpoint what is caused by the progesterone I take. I will say my boobs are huge and very veiny which is always a symptom for me. Fingers crossed!

How are you doing?

Wonderful start, Mon! I'm hoping this is it for you and you blaze the way for us.
:happydance:Go Mon!:happydance:

Wonderful start, Mon! I'm hoping this is it for you and you blaze the way for us.
:happydance:Go Mon!:happydance:

Thank you! Still no 2nd line today but that's OK, I have 5 more testing days ahead of me! :happydance: I will exude nothing but positivity from here on out!

I hate to say it but 8dpo IS TOO EARLY! Then again, I always test early, too :shrug: just in case, right? :winkwink:
I'm keeping my fingers, toes and tongue crossed for that second line tomorrow fxfxfxfx

I hate to say it but 8dpo IS TOO EARLY! Then again, I always test early, too :shrug: just in case, right? :winkwink:
I'm keeping my fingers, toes and tongue crossed for that second line tomorrow fxfxfxfx

You are right, it's too early. But if I am, I am just really curious as to how early it's visible on a FR. I just bought 6 more tests today so I am covered for the next 6 days. :thumbup:

I keep thinking: why wait until 10dpo if I could know sooner? I don't want to miss the day the line appears!

Then again, I buy packs of 25 10miu ICs at a time so you can find me peeing several times a day :rofl:

Petit, thank you SO much for crossing everything for me. It must have worked because... I got a 2nd line on my HPT today! :happydance:

I can't believe it, 9 DPO and I got a clear :bfp:! I sure hope this one is it and it sticks. Maybe my IV treatment worked after all!

:dust: to all of you, bring on those BFPs!

That's brilliant news! You're our first guinea pig on this trial and I have a good feeling about us xxx

That's brilliant news! You're our first guinea pig on this trial and I have a good feeling about us xxx

Thank you! I think this immune treatment is brilliant. I'll do as many as they want, the heck with the fear of needles. I get a blood test on Tuesday to confirm pregnancy. I'll ask the doc at that point if I should get the intralipid done earlier than originally scheduled now that I'm pregnant.

Way to go, Mon! Will they be checking your hcg and progesterone levels on Tuesday? Or is it just a yes/no test?

Way to go, Mon! Will they be checking your hcg and progesterone levels on Tuesday? Or is it just a yes/no test?

They'll definitely be testing both hcg and progesterone levels. I am considered high risk so I'll be monitored very closely, and that's fine with me.

There are definitely some advantages to being high risk!

Congratulation Mon! Great news. I'll be wishing you superglue sandwiches and a healthy next 8 months!

Wahey our first success! Congratulations Mon!

Thank you all so much! This morning's lines are darker then yesterday morning's and this afternoon's lines are even darker so I think everything is progressing nicely.

Thank you everyone! I was on the way to my Dr. appt this morning and a song by Michael Buble came on the radio called "Hold On". Very fitting lyrics and it really touched me. That's all I think of these days, just hold on to me baby.

I did get my first blood test today and so far so good. I thought I would share my blood test results from today with you ladies in case you are curious.

HCG - 44
Progesterone - 24
Estrogen - 78

The nurse said I was right on target for 11 DPO. My next blood test is Thursday morning (48 hours later) to check for HCG doubling. Other than that the nurse said she would double check with my RE to see if she wants me to increase the Crinone progesterone but so far so good.

And finally I was given some restrictions, probably just because I am high risk: no lifting heavy things, no exercise, no eating raw meat or raw fish such as sushi, and no sex for the next 2 weeks until I get my first vaginal ultrasound. DH is not crazy about no nookie but he understands it's for the best for now.

Hi Ladies,

Hope you don't mind if I jump in. I'm not a steriod junkie....but I want to be! Just wanted to ask a few questions.

I've had 2 MMC and 1 CP in the last year and half. I have an autoimmune disease called CREST, where I know that I make ANA antibodies. I've pretty much convinced myself this is the cause of my losses. Problem is that in Canada, immune treatments for RMC are practically unheard of.

I've got a few leads on doctors who might consider this treatment, but the wait list is long. In the meantime, I'm going to try begging my doctors to give me some steriods. I'm going to see my Rhumetologist on Monday and will bring with me some literature that I've found on steriods and ANA. I was just wondering, how much is your dosage is? Is it prednisone that most people take? Have any of your doctors mentioned ANA being a cause of RMC?

Thanks ladies and best of luck to you all. Congrats to the new BFP's, I'll be anxious to follow your progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->