The steroid junkies' perfectly unscientific medical trial

Have they ever given you anything to bring you ANA or any antibodies down?

No, I've never been told that I need to bring my ANA down. I've just been given advice on how to treat the symptoms. None of my doctors seem to think it's related to my mc's.

I thought ANA antibodies had a link to MC.....A book by Dr Beers is V good, "is your body baby friendly" can you get hold of that?

Steroid junkies........how are your tummies??

I have horrendous heartburn permanently ans severe diahorrea!....been given some meds to protect my tum, so just watch out!!! this was 3 weeks in on 30mg!!

I thought ANA antibodies had a link to MC.....A book by Dr Beers is V good, "is your body baby friendly" can you get hold of that?

Thanks, yes I have heard of that book. I haven't read it, but I know he talks about ANA antibodies.

My rhumetologist shot me down for steriods again this week, but he did recommend a doctor who works with Dr. Beer's clinic. I have an appointment for January! I'm on the cancellation list, hopefully I'll see him sooner.

Any auto antibodies have the potential to cause pregnancy problems. Although pregnancy is a natural thing it is still considered a foreign body. Antibodies, even those considered specific to particular areas in the body, have the potential to affect other areas. I have high ANA along with antibodies against my thyroid, but the antibodies have affected many other parts of my body including my heart and neurological system. ANA can definitely cause multiple MC. Also, do you have the Raynaud's phenomenon? If so, remember that the placenta is made of MANY blood vessels. Spasms of blood vessels causing any blood flow restriction in the placenta could also be a cause since the baby may not be getting the accurate amount of oxygen and nutrients necessary for survival.

Yes, I've got very severe Raynaud's. Ughh.....so fustrated. Wish my doctor's would listen to me.

I suggest seeing any and every doctor until one does...You know you body better than anyone and a doctor that doesn't listen to what you say isn't a good doctor.

I was luck enough to have doctors that listened to me and didn't think they knew everything. Unfortunately, the OB I was seeing for my pregnancy did and that's why mine ended the way it did. I was suppose to be getting monthly unltrasounds throughout the pregnancy, but only had too the entire almost 7 months! So when she was running out of amniotic fluid we never knew until it was too late.

I'm so sorry for your loss. That sounds like a nightmare.

I've been begging every doctor I can find. It's going to be an uphill battle, but I'm not giving up.

Hi Ladies,

I'm starting my steroids tomorrow but unsure what time of day to take them. Clinic said to go with night time so I can sleep through the side effects but I've read that steroids can keep you awake at night so I thought it would be better to take them in the mornings. Clinic said go with whatever I'm happy with and change timings if I need to. Any advice girls?

Doodar....you are meant to take them with breakfast, make sure you eat!!!!! they need to be taken then so they mirror the bodies natural corticosteroid release through the day. They can make you a bit "active" especially at the start.....also be prepared for tummy upsets!....they should also think about giving you a stomach protector medicine!! i have had HORRENDOUS HB and diahorrea from them!

I was also told to take them in the morning as they do give you more energy and can mess with your sleep apparently. I've been on them for 5 weeks now and haven't noticed any side effects. I must be nails!

Thanks girls. Think I'll go with the morning and keep fingers crossed that I dont start acting all weird at work :haha:. Really can't do with disruptions to my sleep, it's bad enough as it is.

Lambs........did I miss something!!!!!! I didn't know you were preggers! Amazing, i just saw your ticker!,
Its been a long journey for you so I hope you are, tell me more........what are they treating you for/with now? How's it going? Crossing everything for you!, PM me if you like!

Hey girls three steroids down and touch wood no side effects, had headache yesterday but putting that down to lack of sleep and exhaustion from house move, for now anyway, will see how I go today. Start estrogen today too eek!! Not looking forward to that one. X

:yipee:Yeay for Lambs:yipee:

Doodar, I also take my steroids in the morning (it says to do so on the packet). By lunchtime I'm starving and in the evening I get bright red cheeks :shrug:

Good luck with your ICSI! fxfxfx

Wahoooo got my prescription for the stuff today!!

I've found an advantageous side effect: went to body balance this evening and with my extra energy it was a doddle! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->