The struggles of eating healthy (slimming world) in first trimester

jessicat

Reaction score
Morning everyone! Just wanted to see what everyone elses feelings on this are, if anyone has any tips ect..

I've been going to SW group for almost three years now. In my first year I lost 3 stone, in my second year I maintained a healthy weight, and this year I have put about a stone on. I had a break at the start of the year when I had a miscarriage as I found it tough for a few weeks/months. I didn't really have any symptoms for the short time I was pregnant and just ate loads of crap :/

This time around I'm about seven weeks pregnant and I've got a little bit of morning sickness (Nausea more than anything), very headachey, and I'm off alot of my food... Cereal, milk, all fruit, mushrooms and baked beans (both of which I am obsessed with usually).

I'll be honest all I really want to eat is bread, sandwiches.. Its breakfast I'm struggling with mainly. I'm not sticking to SW for lunch but just having a tin of WW soup and a sandwich made from Warburtons thins which is satisfying and not unhealthy!
Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts on what I sould do? I don't wanna get hideously fat(ter) and I haven't told my consultant yet as its early days!

I have no tips I'm afraid but just wanted to let you know that I feel just like you! I don't want to get massive!
Trouble is I feel sick quite a bit and am having food aversions, for example my lunch today consists of a sandwich made up of tomato ketchup & wheat crunchie crisps!!
I would say give yourself a break until the nausea calms down and then eat better then. That's what I plan on doing x

Hi there I was with slimming world but I have frozen my account until after it's born as I dont want to be limited.
I researched the top pregnancys food and iv tried to stick to those as much as possible eg
Fruit and veg
Leafy greens
Lean meats
Popcorn/oats
Walnuts
Greek yogurt.

So I'd say out of that it's only the popcorn and Greek yogurt that's a syn. But to be honest your growing a person so who cares!!!!

I think if you have your usual meat veg and carb free foods
Your super frees and free foods etc
The by the time you had all that anything. Else I'd allow yourself to eat (blame the baby)
Also I'm pretty sure that you have to gain ur consent from the midwife to show your consultant to continue slimming world- then I think your allowed extra healthy options a &b and extra syns

As for the bread etc- don't worry about it to much- your body is obviously telling you want it wants.
I'm just thinking sod it I'll worry about it after the babies born lol

Thanks ladies! Its so annoying because every day I think today ill be healthy but I am struggling alot. My friend insists I wont gain weight just from eating sandwiches but I beg to differ haha. I have my MW appt on Oct 8th so I suppose I'll do as I am now until then!!!

I'm also doing slimming world and just found out I'm pregnant. I have a lot to loose and joined 5 weeks ago, so didn't really fancy quitting after just joining. I found the website minimins very helpful. Its online encouragement between groups and you can right a food diary and people give you all sorts of advice. My issue is I just don't feel hungry and when I do, always turn to junk. So really going to go for it after my next weigh in. Also as for healthy extras you get an extra one of each so you could stretch to a couple of sandwiches,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->