The sudden realization...

theamanda

NTNP
Reaction score
That in 8 weeks, I will be FULL TERM! It feels like just yesterday, I looked down at the positive test and got butterflies... :cloud9: DH was pacing around the bedroom in anticipation, and grinned when he heard the results. :) It was so worth the 12 weeks of morning sickness to come this far, and will be even more when I hold my little boy in my arms! <3
This pregnancy has gone by so fast for me, I think it's because I'm enjoying it, and the fact that this will be the only baby I get to have, due to my 2 Step-kids. So this will be number 3 for DH, he wants this one to be his final one and I respect his decision. :) (especially since he agreed to this one for me, to respect my wants. He originally only wanted 2 children in total. But I expressed to him that I have desires for my life. :))

Anyways, anymore ladies out there who are getting close to full term? Share your excitement! Maybe we can wait it out together!! :hugs:

Well, this is not my first, but I'm team yellow so I'm super excited to finally meet my baby! I would say I'm 50 % excited, and 50% nervous about how the adjustment will go, having a toddler as well. There are big changes ahead, some will be hard, so I'm filled with varying emotions!

I'm sure you will do fine! :)Alot of times, toddlers will try to help out. My cousin just had a little boy last month, and also has a toddler. She was jealous at first, but that soon passed, and now she just wants to help her mommy! It is the sweetest thing! :) I'm sure that Jessalyn will be so excited to be a big sister! And a plus for you is that your toddler is a girl ;) they have a trace of "motherly" instinct (playing with baby dolls, being sweet to stuffed animals, etc..) So she will be more inclined to help than a boy, who would only care if the baby had wheels. Lmao! :hugs:

Ha! Yah I never thought about that, having a daughter first. I'm certain it will be hard on her in the beginning. I quit my job when she turned one ( I had been working part time) so I'm a stay at home mommy and we do EVErYTHING together. We are very close. So I know it will be hard for her to not have my attention all the time. Plus I will breastfeed and its very time consuming for awhile in the beginning. So knowing that things will be rough for awhile, I hope she eventually adjusts and wants to help out with baby. She is a sweet little girl. I know in the end she will love having a sibling/playmate. I just also know its such a whirlwind the first few weeks, so as excited as I am for this little one, I'm nervous too! Such mixed emotions! Plus hormones, crazy! :)

Gotta love those hormones! They'll send your mind on a wild goose chase of thoughts and "what ifs"! :haha: Best of luck to you! I'm a stay at home mom too, but I couldn't imagine raising a toddler and being pregnant! I envy those who have the energy and patience to do it! :O

Hormones are brutal. Always making you think about so much! I know my stepdaughter (9 years old) will be jealous that her daddy will be showing attention to someone other than her. It'll be a hard adjustment! But still very excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->