The ups and downs of going off the pill

bethneebabe

Mum to 2 Angels
Reaction score
So I went off BCP at the beginning of May and saw that some other ladies have recently gone off too. So far the bad part is major PMS . Anyone else notice changes ?

yes....I know what you mean.

After 2 days off the pill I had a really short AF with really bad stomach cramps. This only lasted 4 days. I was away for the weekend and when I came home I was really moody with OH for no real reason other than PMS..possibly...

I've started charting my temps to see when and if I ovulate so I can monitor as to when my cycle is getting back to some sort of normality.

What pill were you on??? What are your symptoms??

My story - not meant to scare anyone! :rofl:

When I went off the pill Microgynon I went a little crazy :haha:

I got the shakes which was soon followed a really bad anxiety attack (my doctor thinks it was triggered by the hormonal changes), after 6 months on anxiety medication I am now fine. My acne has come back with a vengeance and as I anticipated my periods are non existent (had tests - all clear) I'm just very irregular it seems but I was before I went on them so my GP isn't overly concerned. :wacko: I am also more hairy :rofl:

Only thing I have really noticed that is in the positives is that I don't seem to have PMS at all (most likely from my lack of cycles) but I did suffer quite badly on the pill with PMS and I did lactate for about 2 months when I first started them :blush: - Very weird side effect !

:rofl:

hi

my downs-acne has returned(was cleared up while on pill),tummy seems to be crampy most of the time,not knowing when af is due,wasnt v.regular before bcp

my ups-increased sex drive:blush:think thats about it:haha:

Ive not had any downs!!

I feel alot happier, less fat, less spotty and more level!!
xxx

plutos that sounds really bad....Have you managed to sort your cycles out???

Down:Acne, also (although this isn't a problem while your on the pill) I have no idea if I ovulated. I chart but that didn't show anything so I just thought this month I didn't ovulate. Then my gyno told me you usually don't get your period unless you ov, but I got my period. Ugh! so confusing. I really wish it were easier to come off bc.
Ups: getting to know my body again.

well i was on it for a while then went off cuz i was making me bad with pms and even on the pill i wasnt regular...going off of it i had the withdraw bleed then a period the same month then nothing at all for about 6 months...im still messed up to this day...acne returned

when on b/c its supposed to make u not O and the bleeds monthly r withdraw bleeds...it makes me wonder y my body never went to normal and ovulating on its own or having a new cycle now..

I was on Alesse for 8 years with really no side effects except a reduced libido. Before being on the pill I was ovulating twice a year so now that DH and I are a year or so away from TCC we thought it would be a good idea to see if my cycles have regulated. Right now I *think* I am a day or so away from getting my period but I'll have to wait and see.

I went off and the worst thing I've had was something like hot flashes. Other than that I'm pretty much ok.

I have only just officially finished my pill and am in the middle of AF at the moment, so am hoping not to get any symptoms :winkwink:

i finished my BC 3 days ago for good :)

i have had heaps of symptoms tho!! sounds like im pregnant lol, lots of going to the toilet, tummy twinges, horrible taste in mouth and i spewed tonight before tea arghh!

I stopped taking my pill a few weeks ago. Had withdrawal bleed. Charting with the fertility friend iPhone App as we're not NTNP or TTC. I was recommended by my mum to give my body a break as i've been on the same one for 7 years now!

wow cool an iphone app! they really do have an app for everything lol!
yeh they recommend you have at least 2-3 cycles of your own before ttc after coming off the pill though you still could get pregnant, i guess its just while on the pill when you bleed its just an induced period when theres a drop in hormones...i've read your own cycle will flush out your womb more effectively making a nicer home for your bean to stick to!!

good luck :hugs:

I have been off the pill for just over 3 weeks and i started crying this evening as there was no gravy to go with my pie and mash. So I just had the pie and now i'm feeling sad cos i'm hungry.:cry:

plutos that sounds really bad....Have you managed to sort your cycles out???

No they tested me for PCOS and any hormonal imbalances but all normal so I just have to wait it out and go back in a year if TTC bears no fruit! :haha:

I was on Yaz for 3 years. Finished my last pack of BCP's on May 23rd... Now we're NTNP as I await my first real period after the pill... How long has it taken others for their regular cycles to start again??
Downs - haven't really noticed any... my skin is a bit oilier, i guess.
Ups - increased sex drive, less headaches

I have been off the pill for just over 3 weeks and i started crying this evening as there was no gravy to go with my pie and mash. So I just had the pie and now i'm feeling sad cos i'm hungry.:cry:

Ahhhh.... sorry but that made me giggle. I had something like this a few months ago when AF was due. I cried cos I didnt know if I wanted a cup of tea... Im on microgynon now and wont come off it for about 4 years. Im ok so far. Have just started my 2nd packet and all is well.

I don't know.... I'll let everyone know in 3 days when I've finished.... Been on the pill since I was 19, so 12 years later, we'll find out if my drive returns (I was somewhat insatiable) and if my skin sorts itself out, i.e. I get rid of the spots and hair.

(I'm painting a really good picture of myself here, aren't I.!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->