The ups and downs of going off the pill

I was on Yaz for 3 years. Finished my last pack of BCP's on May 23rd... Now we're NTNP as I await my first real period after the pill... How long has it taken others for their regular cycles to start again??
Downs - haven't really noticed any... my skin is a bit oilier, i guess.
Ups - increased sex drive, less headaches

I went off BCP at the beginning of May. I had bleeding exactly 28 days later but I have been charting and I had no temperature shift, also it wasn't as heavy as a normal period. So I have no idea if I ovulated or not but at least it was a start. I have heard that the average is 2 to 3 months before your normal cycle returns.

Thanks for sharing... I'm anxious to know how my body will respond to being off the pill, but I guess only time will tell!

I went off the pill (yasmin) on May 3 (first day of my last cycle).

About two weeks later I started having the worst symptoms:
-Always bloated and felt full, even if I hadn't eaten in hours
-Skin got really oily
-Super moody
-Boobs too sore to touch and grew a cup size
-And I gained 5 pounds, even though I wasn't hungry and wasn't eating very much! (I have a small frame, so 5 lbs is pretty noticable on me).

Aside from the weight gain, the other symptoms subsided about the middle of last week. Having my first af since stopping the pill (on CD2) and forgot what it was like to have real cramps. I always had a really light period while on the pill. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my cycle regulates and I start ovulating again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->