The (very simple & quick)Labour & Birth of Emily Sophia :) LONG!

mummymunch

1 baby girl, 1 angel &WTT
Reaction score
I didn't even realise this section was here!
So although Emily is 10 months old i shall do her birth story (well, what i remember of it!)

Wednesday 25th August at about 5pm i went to the toilet as normal, only to wipe and find a lot of mucus, i started to panic a bit as i hd read about the mucus plug, i text my friend for some advice and she said you can lose the plug weels before labour so i calmed right down. Next time i went to pee i had a bloody show, and my bowels opened so i realy paniced!

I called my OH who was at football, he had left his phone with a girl there just incase, she answered in a panic asking if i was ok,i asked if he was playing and she said yes! so i said it didnt matter and for him to call me later (he never gets pitch time!) he called and i told him what was going on, he told me to call the midwives and see what they say, i called and she said i my be in labour to hold out and see what happens. i hadn't packed my hospital bag so got on with that in a panic and text my parents to let them know what was happening.

I strted getting cramps at around 8pm, tried to sleep and only got about 3 hours, and then at 1am i went to my mums for a bath (my boiler was broken!) went back home and rested. at 8am my contractions were coming every 10 mins and were painful but manageable, we called the hospital to tell them i was in labour and they said we could come in to get checked out as they weren't too busy.

So off to the hospital, i got checked at about 9am to be told my cervix was really far back and i wasn't dilated, and hooked up to a machine to check i was actually contracting! lovely! was told to go for a walk and call when my contractions were 5 mons apart and over 30 seconds long. we went to get stuff for breakfast in sainsbury's which ended up with me shouting at an old lady as she got in my way just before i had a contraction!

i went home (got home at about 11am)(i live about 30 mins away from the hospital!), had another bath (was so nice) laid in bed, tried to eat but couldnt and all of a sudden at about 1 my contraction were coming every 3 mins, lasting for 45 secs, the OH kept sying you are geoing to have a contraction, to which i told him to piss off and to stop predicting my pain! i was struggling to concentrate so we called the hospital and told us to go straight in

I went to reception and they told me i would have to wait for a room as it was being used for storage and they had to clear it out! it was so hot and i was labouring all in my back, tummy and legs so i didnt want to sit, but it hurt to stand! i just wanted to get on my hands and knees! so they made me wait in little waiting room with no air con or windows, i ended up hugging a vending machine as that was cold! i think the hospital thought i was being a drama queen and i wasnt really in that much pain as i hadnt been dilated long before!

So they get me in the room, i have gas and air but not for all contractions, and no one comes to see me for 2 hours, i tell my mum i need the toilet (for a number 2!) so she took me and stood outside, whilst on the toilet i had the almighty urge to push, i really paniced and my mum had to brek into the toilet to help me up, i didnt need a poo it was the baby! so she wheeled me back to my room as i didnt have the strength due to labouring in my legs! we buzzed for the midwife and i was in so much pain i asked for an epidural (i didnt want one i waas dead against it)

She checked me to see if i could hve one, and she said "good news and bad news, good news if you re 10cm, bad news you cant haver an epidural!
She tells me its time to start pushing, i told her i wasnt ready to have the baby i tried to get off the bed as i just needed the toilet! she reassured me emily was well ready to come out, and told me sto start pushing!

A few pushes and her head was out, she told melittle pushes but i didnt hear and pushed emily's body out ll in one! 40 mins of pushing and she was born! i couldnt believe it! she was so tiny!

I quizzzed the midwife to if i had pooed or not! i hadn't that was the one thing i was worried about! she then told me she was going to give me an injection for the placenta an di paniced! i'd just hd a baby and was scared of n injection! the placenta came out in 10 mins and the midwife showed it to me and OH it was fascinting!

I had a 2nd degree tear and whilst being sown up i said to the lady "i was supposed to be going ti uni next month" she said "i came to this country to learn english and now i'm putting stitches in peoples vaginas, i'll make you as good as new, like a dolce and gabana dress!"

I got lots of cuddles as she wasput stright onto my chest, they we tried putting her onto the breast- which was harder than we thought and we had to end up hand expressing and syringing it to her :(

Emily Sophia Lacey
38+4
26th August 2010
16:43
6lb 6oz
45cm long
2 hours 56 mins of labour

:) i'll add some pics when i find the ones from my phone! x

Aww well done, sounds like a good straight forward birth.
hope I have one of those!
Did you end up breatfeeding in the end?
I'm hoping too but have heard it's really difficult.

Nope :( i tried for 2 weeks, i had 4 midwives and a HV trying to help me get her to latch but she just couldnt. by the time i realised i could pump i was so exhausted my milk was starting to dry up :(

It was very quick i was very lucky, although i can't remember everything as it went so fast!

Aww gutted, am really worried I won't be able to bf as have heard there are so many difficulties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->