The wait begins :(

stine0804

Reaction score
Well... my hopes were crushed just now. The Obgyn called me back with my results and the HCG is only at 382 while it was at 107 on Tuesday last week. Two days ago during the appointment she asked me what I wanted to do - D&C or have my body miscarry naturally and I decided that I will have my body decide when it is time to let go.

I still feel utterly confused about this because I am experiencing so many pregnancy symptoms that it is hard to believe I am not but she said, that this is normal because I DID conceive but it never developed and the body has just not caught up to there not being a baby in there.

I must say though that I am actually relieved at this point because I finally have my ANSWER. This is my first miscarriage and I really hope my last.

After this I am not even sure I ever want to get pregnant again because of the emotional horror I have gone through because of incompetent and insensitive hospital staff and doctors. That is more the reason than the miscarriage itself!! You wouldn't believe the way they treated me!

Now all I need to wait for is the actual miscarriage and I have no clue when it will happen and how. I just hope it passes fast and without too much pain. Considering there hasn't even a sac formed, I think it might not be too bad *fingers crossed*. My normal period is due in two weeks from now....

So sorry that you are going through this. MC are always so hard emotionally. I am now going through my 3rd and can't say it gets easier but you become a stronger person as a result.
How far gone were you?
With my first one I was just over 5 weeks. As it was so early the MC was just like an extra heavy period. Maybe a bit more crampy but that's all. Literally it would have only been the egg/cells as nothing really formed. I think it was an implantation issue.
Just make sure that you keep some larger sanitary pads handy and some ibuprofen for any cramps. You should get a bit of warning. I had spotting a day or two before so I was prepared.
Good luck and remember that you are likely to have a healthy pregnancy next time round :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->