The wait seems so long!

Lirpa11

Reaction score
I know this is a cliche thread, but geesh! I came off the pill in August, and DH and I were at first NTNP. I brought the BD consequences convo up and we said we'd possibly TTC. After a few days/week later DH said he wants to go on one last holiday and then TTC.

So now we have a big holiday booked for June/July/August going to USA to go from California to Nevada, Minnesota and Georgia (where my family is from, DH is Australian), for about 6 weeks. We have said while on this trip, or just before, we will see if we get a sticky bean.

Now it seems so far away! I don't even care much for the holiday (although it sounds fun), all I can think of is I hope I come back with no more TTC as it happened! And it's so far away, in one instance I'm happy to wait and enjoy the holiday, and in another I wouldn't care if something happened before then (he doesn't use protection- it's his turn. I made sure nothing happened for the past 7 years).

So now we have approx 9 months of WTT. How will I cope :-(

The only advice I can give you is enjoy you time with your DH and remember that you're making memories for when you've got a family and dream of time alone...that's the way I'm coping at least!

The way I see it is if it was further away u could try but its not and if u were caught now it would ruin ur holiday so waiting is pretty much ur only option. However I wouldn't wait 9 months I would wait about 4 months and then start trying because u will still be able to fly then and should be over the worse of the pregnancy symptoms.

But this is me, if u want to have one last holiday before having to worry about anything then I would def wait until u get back before starting TTC xx

The only advice I can give you is enjoy you time with your DH and remember that you're making memories for when you've got a family and dream of time alone...that's the way I'm coping at least!

Completely agree!
We had to put back our TTC date so I won't even be coming off the pill untill Aug 2014, so I know how you feel, but I'm gonna fill my time with stuff I couldn't do whilst TTC and pregnant. Starting with cocktails and a night out for my bday tomorrow night!!!
There's so much going on between now and our TTC date that I'm sure before long I'll be panicing and wishing I had more time for things before ttc!
Try to look at it as positive time with your husband and family before the BIG commitment of bringing a new life into the world! And have lots of fun in these months!!

DH and I put a time on our next TTC and it is June 2015! I know how you feel about long waits! :coffee:

My situation is a bit different because I already have two but I'm trying not to even think about the wait. Things change so much when you have kids...even while pregnant you have so many restrictions. So you should focus on getting stuff out of the way. Like I'm focusing on body building right now and going on coasters, drinking on occasion, ECT.

Thanks girls! It just seems so far away! I would love for it to happen a few months early, but then travel insurance increases and I'd hate to miss a scan, or to have anything go wrong overseas as I would want to be home during the pregnancy time as much as possible I think..

I'll be repainting the main areas of the house, and getting the baby room ready. I'm so excited already and so clucky! So many people I know are about to pop, or just announcing their big news. Makes it so much harder :-(

How I'm going to wait so long, I still don't know. So many facebook posts, and talks about babies everywhere, is anyone else emotional about the topic? I never picked myself as broody and here I am.

A friend was tagged in Facebook with someone saying they should be the next one having a baby next and all I could think was they're not married, we've been together longer, we have a house and they don't yet why can't we.... :( why must things be in front of TTC :(

Why must I be broody and green eyed.

We get to see DH cousin this weekend who is 4-5 months along. I'll be happy with them, but sad we aren't there yet :(

just think -holiday of a life time and you wont be able to do it with a baby so enjoy the WTT time with stuff you cant do with a baby... nights out, spontanaity, alcohol and cheese.... we were WTT until we had been bac to austrila for 2 months, whihc we did last christmas, now circustances are that we have to wait until late 14 early 2015 :( but im fillnig thime with what i wont be able to do when my life changes forever...

I know what you mean. I've been ready for a year. I don't think Men have a clue what it feels like to want a baby so much. Thankfully he has agreed to compromise so we will start trying at the end of the month. But my SIL mentioned to me a little while back that they are ready to start trying for #2. I will be crushed if they get preggers before us. I know this is silly and petty, but I'm not looking forward to the possibilty of being pregnant the same time as her. Her and my MIL can be very insensitive and bossy. I can see my SIL telling me what I should and shouldn't be doing. But at the same time, it would be fun for the cousins to be so close in age.

well another way of looking at it is if a lot of people you know are pregnant now then they will have had their babies and when you are having yours it will feel more special. other posters are right you need to enjoy your free time with OH now. I think what helps is planning a date night even just once a month may it be the cinema, bowling, dinner, drinks with your OH and it gives you something to look forward to and count down the months believe me next year will be here before we know it!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->