The waiting game - Brown Discharge

spunky84

TTC #4
Reaction score
As much as this pregnancy was unplanned and unexpected, it's very much wanted (even though it's the worst timing possible). I don't know why, but I've been a lot more anxious about something happening to this one than I was with DD (and believe me, I was anxious with her).

I've been scrutinizing the toilet paper at every bathroom run. Monday night I thought I saw some brown for sure. So in the shower I did a quick check. I expected the cervix to be high, firm and closed still (as it was on the 4th - the main thing that prompted me to test in the first place) so I figured I could go in relatively safely to see what I'd find. When I checked, cervix was low, soft, and seemingly open. And there was quite a bit of brown mixed in with the cm. I was absolutely convinced that I'd bleeding by morning. I mean, how can an open cervix sustain a pregnancy?

I had brown discharge with DD at 13DPO (was just over 4 weeks). This one it's 25DPO (a little over 5 weeks - though the brown could have been there a little longer as it was just sitting up there).

No bleeding (or cramping) Tuesday morning. Took a test with Wondfo. Still positive (which I mean I know it can be positive awhile after a mc), but I couldn't tell if it was lighter/darker since I tossed all the other Wondfo tests. I went in for blood work yesterday and I go back in tomorrow for another draw. I have a scan at 11 on Friday.

Despite the fact that DH said no more buying tests (this was last week), I stopped at the store and got 4 more CB week estimator tests. He was nice about it when I said that's what I needed to get me through till Friday. I had gotten a 3+ last Friday at 5+1. I took it when I got home and it was 2-3, but my urine also could have been too diluted which I think it may have been.

Brown discharge is now coming out onto the toilet paper, which I'm trying to remind myself that it's up there and it's going to come out. I'm really anxious about the test results and what the scan will show or won't show. I took another test this morning, fmu, and it was back to 3+. I know that taking these tests isn't an indicator of anything because my levels could still be dropping but still yield a 3+ result until they get lower than the 3+ threshold.

I keep jumping back and forth between being positive/okay to being certifiably nuts and crying.

I've never really had symptoms with the exception of the bloating, constipation and gas. The bloating doesn't seem to be as bad now, but I don't know if that's because I'm eating different things/not as much at once or if it's because my levels are dropping. Still constipated as ever, and as irrational as it sounds, I'm terrified to go. Not that I can anyway. Sorry tmi.

I just feel like these next few days are going to be hard to get through. And I think I'll die if I have to do another scan next week if this one can't provide any answers.

I had heavy brown discharge for a week I was convinced I was going to miscarry but I'm still pregnant now at 11 weeks! I hope it goes well for you, I don't think you should check your cervix again you might irritate t even more and cause some bleeding x

Yeah I'm not going to check again. I originally thought it'd be high up enough that I'd miss it. If it is open at all, I don't want to risk infection either, so I'm keeping my hands out now. (I only checked it the once since I tested. Well, first tested as I've been testing a lot)

If it was just brown discharge I wouldn't be too worried, but it was the cervix that threw me. I'm really hoping it's nothing and that it's just normal.

I'm getting more on the toilet paper now, but I'm just trying to breathe and remind myself. I just hope this doesn't last long. I could barely focus on class last night. And my recorder for lecture died, so I can't even re-listen to the lecture.

I'm just praying that Friday will give an indication as to which direction this will go. Even if things are progressing things can still happen, but I'm just hoping for progress now.

I had brown discharge and a low soft cervix and my scan was all well I to was convinced I was going to miscarry. Best of luck

With my first pregnancy (failed at 10 weeks) I spotted brown at 8 weeks. With my second (daughter whom is now 17 months old) spotted brown at 5 1/2 weeks. Third/forth both failed before 5 1/2 weeks. Fifth (current) I spotted brown at 5 1/2 to 6 weeks. Each case of brown lasted about 24-48 hours.

Sadly spotting brown doesn't mean one thing or the other. I wish the best for you and that all goes well *hugs*

I don't have much experience with the cervix though I can't remember. But I do know cervixes sometimes don't move up and fully close up tightly until a few weeks to two months of pregnancy from what I have read.

I had brown discharge and a low soft cervix and my scan was all well I to was convinced I was going to miscarry. Best of luck

Glad your scanned showed everything was good :)

Gives me some hope.

With my first pregnancy (failed at 10 weeks) I spotted brown at 8 weeks. With my second (daughter whom is now 17 months old) spotted brown at 5 1/2 weeks. Third/forth both failed before 5 1/2 weeks. Fifth (current) I spotted brown at 5 1/2 to 6 weeks. Each case of brown lasted about 24-48 hours.

Sadly spotting brown doesn't mean one thing or the other. I wish the best for you and that all goes well *hugs*

I don't have much experience with the cervix though I can't remember. But I do know cervixes sometimes don't move up and fully close up tightly until a few weeks to two months of pregnancy from what I have read.

Sorry for your loses :(

I just thought it was weird that it had changed since it was high and closed the day before I tested. But what do I know? I didn't check my cervix after a few days after first testing with DD, so maybe it happened with her too?

I did have a loss before DD (2010) where I spotted brown for awhile, so I think just remembering that has me kind of panicked too. But you're right that it doesn't necessarily indicate either way.

I've been finding a lot of positive stories about those that have had brown spotting and continued on to have a healthy pregnancy. I try to use those to keep positive, but I still keep freaking out here and there, but I am doing better today than yesterday. Yesterday was a nightmare, really.

My dr's office called about 10 minutes ago. Yesterdays values were 11,652 at 5+5. Keeping my fingers crossed that the tomorrow's values are up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->