the waiting game.....

emeeorevan

Expecting Miracle #3
Reaction score
Yay! 36 weeks today! I want my baby to be healthy and prefer that she wait til next week (37w) at least but its now getting so real! I'm now entering that waiting stage where I am questioning every pain. DSs were born at 37&38 weeks so I expect to not go past 38 weeks again (just seems to be my limit).
not actively trying anything but getting lots more bh and backaches, can't sleep, still working and cramping every day. Cervix is anterior, baby is super low and ready to go.
anyone else in the "just waiting" period? So much more painful and stressful than the two week wait! At least then I wasn't so big and uncomfortable.

Yayyy. I'm 36 weeks as well. I'm so anxious and excited :). My first ds came at 38 & 4, so.im wondering when is this one coming lol. My cervix is soft and 50% effaced and I'm 1cm dilated. Doc said it may be a Xmas baby. I'm hoping before then though honestly lol. I've been having contractions and backaches. So who knows what's gonna happen lol

I'm 40+2 now. Got midwife today and may ask for sweep.

TherE's lots of things to be done so i'm not bored as such, just would appreciate not having the bump now and meet the Lil man!

Reading notes it looks like a sweep won't be offered until 40+7 which is the weekend so i'm wonderING if she might let me pop in on fri and have one.

I'm 40 + 3 today I had my first born at 40 + 3 & second born at 40 + 2 so
I had thought I would have had this little man by now! My midwife offered me a sweep at 39 + 3 but couldn't do it as his head wasn't engaged I have an appointment today with her for a sweep I really hope she can do it & encourage this little monkey to come out!!

I was excited to make it to 37 weeks as this is my first baby and I'd read that 37 weeks is classed as full term. I was hoping that by talking baby into coming early it might listen but alas- STILL WAITING. haha. I am due on the 18th, and as a FTM I know we tend to go over most often than not by a week or so. I am REALLY hoping bubs doesn't come bang on Christmas day! I was born that day, so I know how crap it is and don't want that for our baby... so I am bouncing on the gym ball and doing a lot of strenuous housework to try and get things moving!
The wait is killing me haha

I had DD1 at 34 weeks. Now being 40 +2 the waiting game feels like torture. Elcs is scheduled for Friday, but I'd like to have her before then. I was having symptoms a few days ago, but now it's all gone away.

Sweep refused today. One booked for Sunday if the on call midwife has time (so i'll be 40+ 8) then another booked for 40+10 and induction booked for 40+12.

Yep I'm in the waiting game too. I don't really think anything is going to happen any time soon I haven't had any signs.

Midwife again couldn't do sweep today said head was still free & high absolutely fed up does this mean hel not come anytime soon am booked for induction on 16th now : (

I‘m 37+5 and also questioning every niggle. I‘ve been in pre-labour since 35 weeks and just bored of it now. I don‘t even mind still being pregnant and expect to be here a while yet but the pains and the moodswings and the cervix pain and the little bits of plug are pissing me off. I can‘t just ‘enjoy‘ my maternity leave by reading books or meeting friends etc because I‘m just in a bad mood and crampy and stuff all the time!!

36 for me, too! I can't believe it! I started having prodromal labor last week, and I'm hoping baby hangs in there for another week. I'd be happy if he comes next week, though, because the contractions are really kicking my ass. Of course they say to expect it to last another month...I really hope not.

Are you still working, Em, or are you waiting until winter break? Or is it break already for you? Still working here...so much fun with random horrible contractions!

36 for me, too! I can't believe it! I started having prodromal labor last week, and I'm hoping baby hangs in there for another week. I'd be happy if he comes next week, though, because the contractions are really kicking my ass. Of course they say to expect it to last another month...I really hope not.

Are you still working, Em, or are you waiting until winter break? Or is it break already for you? Still working here...so much fun with random horrible contractions!

still working. I get Christmas break starting Dec 19th. I couldn't sleep last night for the bh and aches. But Today I felt normal.! First time im months! I almost forgot I was pregnant, even on my feet all day! Don't know what that means, (nesting energy rerouted to work?, baby going to go longer than her brothers? Its so up in the air!)
Hope she waits to next week either way. I'd like to make it to at least 37+4 (so i can make it to last day of work and my class' Christmas Party)

I caved this morning and rang my midwife to take her up on her offer of a sly early sweep and it turns out she‘d switched shift with someone and this someone isn‘t in favour of early sweeps. So now I feel like I‘ve not only let myself down by asking, but also embarassed myself by asking, and feel like a right pratt who now has no hope until at least Saturday.

This other midwife did say she‘d give me a ring after the school run this afternoon and see how her schedule is and if nothing else drop by and have a chat and see how I‘m doing but I don‘t want to waste my 38 week appointment if I can get a sweep if I have it on Saturday. Just so bored of limbo.

Well OH and I have booked tickets for the hobbit on Friday. Having now made plans (that cost) i'm hoping it sufficient to get things moving!

I might be getting sweep on Sunday if midwife isn't too busy

Got my sweep last night. Mw said cervix has effaced externally but I was only 1cm but she was able to feel baby‘s head and do a sweep. Had deep achy period pain for a few hours after and baby was very active but this morning - nada. Just feel better knowing the pain has at least been worth it since Friday in that my cervix has been doing what its supposed to, even if we‘re waiting another couple of weeks.

Do you get another sweep? Here they do sweep one day, then another 2 days later, then gel on cervix 2 days later to try to kick start induction process

I've got another appointment scheduled for Saturday and I think I will request an internal to see if any progress but I think its up to them if they will sweep. It seems to be an individual midwife thing with some happy to do it and others wanting to wait until you're overdue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->