The walking dead thread, season 3, premiere starts October, news, vids and spoilers

Oh man, best tear-your-heart-out ending ever.
These writers are SO GOOD!!!
I'll wait until I see that more of you have seen ep.7 before I give anything away.

I'll wait until I see that more of you have seen ep.7 before I give anything away.

Kind of expected, but a shocker nonetheless!!

Hershel and his "cult" annoy me..they're nothing but sitting ducks. Another zombie herd will come along and try to wipe them out if they stay holed up in that farmhouse.

I like Glenn too!

Is it just me or has Andrea all of a sudden become some gorgeous confident woman this season? Last season she was looking rather aged and meek.

Looming Questions:
-Will Laurie's baby survive without prenatal care? Is it Shane's? I totally think it's Shane's!
-Why did Hershel keep that certain secret from Rick's group? Is he going to kick them out now for sure?
-When are Shane and Andrea going to split from the group?
-Will Hershel's daughter join Rick's group when they get kicked off the farm?
-Where the hell is Muriel?
-Are that guy and his son (that helped Rick in SSN 1) still alive?
-What is the cause of this zombie apocalypse?

Hershel and his "cult" annoy me..they're nothing but sitting ducks. Another zombie herd will come along and try to wipe them out if they stay holed up in that farmhouse.

I like Glenn too!

Is it just me or has Andrea all of a sudden become some gorgeous confident woman this season? Last season she was looking rather aged and meek.

Looming Questions:
-Will Laurie's baby survive without prenatal care? Is it Shane's? I totally think it's Shane's!
-Why did Hershel keep that certain secret from Rick's group? Is he going to kick them out now for sure?

Replying in spoiler to discuss Ep.7, my future episode speculations, and book spoilers:
I don't know if the baby is Shane's or if it matters. I think it matters to Shane, but both Laurie and Rick are going to raise the baby as theirs. What will that do to Shane? Hard to say. He is questioning Rick's leadership all the time now and is looking slightly unhinged.
I get why Herschel kept the barn walkers a secret, but Sofia? Yikes! He knew they were looking for her. He let them go out and put themselves in danger searching for her day after day. I think there are going to be some really harsh words/feelings between him and Rick's group over that.
As for kicking them off the farm... has it not occurred to any of them that there are five (?) people living on Herschel's farm, none of whom are trained in combat, and ten people in Rick's group, most of whom are pretty hardened and capable of using weapons. If they really want to stay, what's stopping them from doing it by force?
If Rick's group does decide to leave, I do think that Maggie will go with them.
Um, I don't know who Muriel is? :blush: You'll have to remind me! :)
I think they will see that guy and his son from season 1.
And I have no clue what the epidemic will be blamed on, but the episode at the CDC suggested a virus, didn't it?
Regardless, I am having SO much fun with this series! Well done, AMC! :thumbup:

I like Glenn too!

Looming Questions:

Replying in spoiler to discuss Ep.7, my future episode speculations, and book spoilers:
I don't know if the baby is Shane's or if it matters. I think it matters to Shane, but both Laurie and Rick are going to raise the baby as theirs. What will that do to Shane? Hard to say. He is questioning Rick's leadership all the time now and is looking slightly unhinged.
I get why Herschel kept the barn walkers a secret, but Sofia? Yikes! He knew they were looking for her. He let them go out and put themselves in danger searching for her day after day. I think there are going to be some really harsh words/feelings between him and Rick's group over that.
As for kicking them off the farm... has it not occurred to any of them that there are five (?) people living on Herschel's farm, none of whom are trained in combat, and ten people in Rick's group, most of whom are pretty hardened and capable of using weapons. If they really want to stay, what's stopping them from doing it by force?
If Rick's group does decide to leave, I do think that Maggie will go with them.
Um, I don't know who Muriel is? :blush: You'll have to remind me! :)
I think they will see that guy and his son from season 1.
And I have no clue what the epidemic will be blamed on, but the episode at the CDC suggested a virus, didn't it?
Regardless, I am having SO much fun with this series! Well done, AMC! :thumbup:

Muriel is Darryl's (the redneck) brother. In SSN 1 he was the one that they had handcuffed onto the department store roof because he was getting rowdy with everyone in the group. The black guy went to take off the cuffs when the walkers busted thru the glass but ended up dropping the key. So they had to leave him stranded. Later, Rick and a group went back for him but he was gone.

Good points about the farm, I don't see why they don't take over since they do have the upper hand. Then again that's not Rick's style. More of Shane's, really. Actually, we'll probably see him pushing more of his weight around when it comes to decisions next season. I think he made the right one with the barn full of walkers.

Something tells me Sophia's mom will be the next victim, she's the weakest link.

Oh! Hon, you mean Merle!! Of course, I know who that is! :)
Just a typo - totally got you now!
I think he's still alive, personally. And I don't think he's going to be a particularly nice presence when we meet him next. :nope:
Sophia's mom has a pretty interesting story going on right now, though, especially with Darryl. Hmmmm....... :)

I like Glenn too!

Looming Questions:

I couldnt wait until friday for Ep7 so i downloaded it:blush:

As soon as they were shooting the walkers from the barn i had a feeling that we would see sophia!

I really want to know exactly what caused it too!

And i really hope we see that guy and his son again.

Does anyone know when it starts again? Im impatient! lol

Also,theres a book? Didnt know this...where can i get it? :Dxx

It's a series of comics that the Series is based on. I am not sure when it starts up again in Europe but over here in Canada I heard it was Feb.

The easiest way to read the book/comic is the Compendium:
https://www.amazon.ca/Walking-Dead-...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1322690639&sr=1-1

Be warned - it is BLEAK! I find the show far easier to watch - it gives you a few moments of respite from the horror. :(

I like Glenn too!

Looming Questions:

I loved the mid-season finale and I absolutely can not wait until the 6th of February when it starts up again here in the states.

I sort of think that Hershel had the right idea with keeping them alive in the barn. They haven't seen any walkers on the property since Rick's group got there. I think the stench of the walkers in the barn was keeping them away. Like on the highway when Daryl threw the dead person over T-Dog and the walkers went right past them.

I think Lori's baby will be just fine without prenatal care, it's the delivery and aftercare that concerns me. I definitely think it's Shane's but Lori and Rick will raise it as thiers. I think Shane will go off the deep end before the baby is born though.

Hershel kept the walkers in the barn a secret precisely so they wouldn't kill them off. He was devastated when Shane let them out and opened fire. He knew that's what would happen and that's why he kept it secret.

I don't think Merle is out there, unless it's in zombie form. Sure he cut his own hand off but he didn't have anywhere to go. With no fire power I don't think he could have made it past the walkers in the building, let alone out on the street.

I think the guy and his son from season one will reappear at the end of the series, sort of in a full circle sort of way. I can't wait to enjoy the ride there, that's for sure. :happydance:

Trailer for season 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwCkroqAmrA

Spoilers:

The lucky character is Hershel’s daughter, Maggie. According to TVLine.com, Maggie (played by actress Lauren Cohan) will play a prominent role in the upcoming season 3. Fans of the show know that Maggie is also Glenn’s girlfriend, so presumably their relationship is expected to continue.

Fans of the comic series shouldn’t be surprised by this news. Glenn and Maggie’s relationship continues to plays heavily into the storyline of the popular series.

The show's third season will consist of 16 episodes and will probably be split into halves like season 2. Executive producer Robert Kirkman explains, “The idea is we will do eight-and-eight. Getting eight-and-eight will almost be like doing two seasons a year, which is cool.”

"The Walking Dead": A significant portion of Season 3 will be spent in Woodbury, a zombie-free safe haven colony run by the already-announced Governor character. Producers are allegedly seeking a deal to film "Woodbury" locations in the small town of Senoia, Ga., throughout 2012 and possibly into 2013, so fans can expect to spend a significant amount of time in the safe haven. We're guessing it won't stay particularly safe for very long.

Will post more info as I find it, i can't wait

It seems ages away but with how quick the year is going already, its just around the corner. The last season was left with such a cliff hanger as her daughter was now a walker and rick had to shoot her! And Laurie prgnant with shanes baby!!!! What will happen next, anyone got any theories?

Its not that long really as the months are flying by already

i only discovered walking dead halfway through season 2,
i watched it and caught up on season 1 via dvd,
i cant wait for season 3 :happydance:

Series 3 should be interesting! I've heard a few spoilers, but I'll keep hush ;)

Ill keep the thread posted with spoilers and videos when I can so we can see what to expect or to get us more excited lol

Well heres a good spoiler or shall I say news for you all, check out the link and will add more over the coming weeks

https://screencrush.com/walking-dead-season-3-merle/

I just finshed watching the first two season, and like you ladies I am hooked!!
I love that show. I just wish I knew how it all happened, like how/when did the outbreak start or did I miss it:haha: I will be keeping tabs on this thread :thumbup:

The Walking Dead marathon on AMC today and tomorrow! :D

I love this show so very much. xx #zombiefreak

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"