The Way You Carry

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Let it be, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Let it be

Let it be Well-Known Member

Hi All

Haven't been able to get on here for a while.

Just a question - do you reckon that you can tell the sex by the way you are carrying or is it all just nonsense?

I'm carrying really high and a couple of people have said that you carry high with girls - just wondered what everyone thinks?

2. BabeeAngel

BabeeAngel Mummy to Aubrey & Isabel

I was told my whole first pregnancy that since I was carrying low that I was having a boy... almost everyone told me I would be having a boy, and I was convinced I was.... But I had a girl!
    A girl I worked with was pregnant too, and she was carrying very high, but has a totally differnt body type than me (she's a lot taller). She also had a girl... so I don't really think that it's reliable...

3. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

My sis and I both carry out boys straight out, as though there really is a basket ball in there..With the girls, more round

4. AFC84

AFC84 Mama to One + Bun :)

I'm having a boy and my bump is high....I also seem all out front, but I think that's more to do with my body type than anything else. I haven't really gained any weight through my pregnancy, and have a hard time putting weight on generally...maybe if you gain weight easier then you're more likely to put it on "all round" if that makes sense?

My mum had 5 kids and carried us all pretty much the same...3 boys and 2 girls. I'm sure it's just a myth...but obviously seeing as there's a 50/50 chance either way then obviously it will seem to be true sometimes too.

5. mommyof3girls

mommyof3girls Mom to 5 girls.

With my first three girls I carried them all high. With this one I'm carrying low. I thought for sure that the baby was going to be a boy but I was wrong. She is a girl. :)

Are you finding out what you are having?

6. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

I don't think there's any truth in it at all. But for those who believe in it; I seem to be carrying in the middle, so I may be having a hermaphrodite :winkwink:

7. MrsRoughton

MrsRoughton PREGNANT!

Maybe you are carrying twins?? one could be tucked away somewhere?? a boy and a girl lol

8. Sam9kids

Sam9kids Guest

I carried girls high and my bump was round

Boys low and straight out front so who knows!

9. Let it be

Let it be Well-Known Member

Seems there isn't any set way then.

I'm not going to find out, we decided that we wanted a surprise at our scan so never asked, but its always fun trying to guess what it might be

10. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

Everyone is different, it is all OWT! it is bound to be right in some cases though.

11. Midlands_moth

Midlands_moth Well-Known Member

All just old wives tales, if you want to know the gender have a scan done or wait until baby is deliverded, thats the only way rather than all that nonsense

12. JennTheMomma

JennTheMomma Mommy of 1 & Expecting #2

It's just another old wives tale, there are so many regarding pregnancy. I carried high with my first and he was a boy, carrying low with this one and he is a boy also.

13. yeah I'm sure it's an old wives tale...i think the way u carry depends on lots of things, your height, your muscle strength...something like that anyway :)