*~*The Wii Fit Challange!*~*

Reaction score
So, with my holiday for spain booked for the beginning of April, and still 3 stone off my pre-pregnancy weight, i decided the easiest way to exercise with a newborn baby was via Wii Fit!
So, spending half of my maternity grant money, i purchased a limited edition black wii fit plus bundle package! Which includes the wii, balance board, wii fit plus game, wii sports game, wii resort game, controllers etc (£249.99 from gamestation.com)

So, from now until April, i have 3 stone to lose. That's a stone a month.

Difficult!?

As i am breast feeding it also burns on average 500 calories a day, which should help me, but also i am unable to cut back on a lot of food as is essential for my milk production - so instead i am cuttong out all the rubbish, the biscuits, chocolate, fizzy drinks etc. From now on just water for me!

Week 1

Weight: 13st 10oz

Day 1

Playing Time: 45 minutes

I actually spent 2 hours on the machine, but most of it was spent following instructions, watching demos and browzing the different exercises. My actual 'playing time' as told to me by a macanical looking pig, was 45 minutes. I did 6 sets of the Hola Hoop, because i've heard it's good for your waist line! But by my 6th set i was knackered, so took a little break, haha. I did the jogging a few times (out of breath fast with that - so unfit!) also some dance type steps and other random games. Then i did some yoga, which i thought would be a waste as it's so easy - boy was i wrong! I couldn't do half the poses so when i got one right, i was very proud!
After my first day i was feeling sweaty and tired but still determined and looking forward to the next day!

Ahh, I'll be keeping an eye on how you do hun, I want to do the same, but theres no wii fit bundles in stock ANYWHERE!

Good luck, you can do it :hugs:

Brilliant! I'm going to be buying a Wii and a Wii fit this month hopefully and I want to lose 3 stone as well....this is really encouraging, I hope you start to see results really soon! x

Life is back to normal tomorrow for me, so I will be joining you on the wii fit band wagon!! I also have ea sports programme that i got for xmas too so will combine them :thumbup:

brill idea! we have had ours 3 months and ive lost 10lbs according the graph but i dont use it regulary so going to start aiming for 30 mins a day..

oh got wii fit plus for xmas worth getting £17 in tesco :D

Good luck, I use mine and love it. The yoga and muscle workouts are great.

I'm on the bandwagon too, I seem to have stuffed myself since having Alex (shocking, I know!) so i jumped on the wii fit on fri and its been great.

I think it will help!

I moved ours downstairs so that I can use it easier during the day. So far all I've managed to do is weigh myself regularly!!

I have startedrunning though, and have the davina workout dvd to start tomorrow. Onwards and upwards!

It's great to see everyones comments, and good to know others are using the wii fit too!!

(For those looking to purchase, i brought mine online just a couple of days ago, none of the shops have them in stock, but online does for some reason! Lol. Also free delivery on gamestation.com!)

It's also nice to come here and see that i have support! Almost feels like people are keeping and eye on me, so will feel guilty if i don't go on one day!

Day 2

Playing Time: 1 hour

Bella wouldn't settle for her nap very well today so every time i stepped onto the board, she would start screaming! Eventually she settled and i was allowed to do a proper workout! I didn't weigh myself as i knew i wasn't going to lose weight in 1 day and weight changes through out the day so thought it best to weight at the end of every week instead. Today i did an actual warm up directed by the wii fit, and then exercises that it recommended for losing weight in particular areas (stomach, arms, thighs, etc) which was quite good fun. I enjoyed the skate boarding the most as it's something i tried out in my younger years and never got the hang of, so was nice to pretend i could actually skate! (though still wasn't too good at it mind...)
I did the advanced dance steps which got a good rhythm going and apprently really good for calorie burning. Also tried out cycling which was better than i thought it was going to be!
I think i could have stayed on the wii longer but Bella woke from her nap. But i was very pleased at doing an hour! :)

An hour is great! It sounds like so much fun. Nice way to exersise at home. I had a look on gamestation earlier and it's out of stock now :( and argos, they are the cheapest places I've found them so far

i was playing at my sisters for like 2 and a half hours lost track of time, im thining i may do as you did hun and buy one in a bundle. Sister said she got hers from game and it was a brill deal to x

4th January!!

1hr 1min on wii fit
30 mins on ea sports active

Noooo!!!

I had the best of intentions this mroning but the bloody board keeping error-ing! I don't know why, I only just changed the batteries :/

err-ing??! Uh-oh. Maybe if you google the error on wii fit board it might come up with some things to do to solve it?
And Vici that is wonderful!!!

Day 3

Playing Time: 1 hour 15 minutes

Today i spent half an hour on the free step, where you step on and off the board for 10 minutes at a steady pace and you can watch tv at the same time! So i did 3 sets of that while i watched House, which was quite good, as by the end of it i was quite tired but i didn't even notice while stepping! The first 10 mins i did slow speed, the next 10 i did medium and the next i did fast. I didn't do as much yoga and muscle work out as last couple of days, because i'm bad at it, which is silly of me as i should do more as then i will improve. But my trainer keeps telling me im not strong enough for some of the poses and it makes me want to hit the tv.
Anyway, i did a little more exercise today as i know i'm really busy for the rest of the week (Bellas first set of shots tomorrow, lunch and shopping with a friend on weds, and my sisters birthday on thurs!) So though i will make sure i can get on the wii, i might not be able to go on for very long!
Was happy with my progress today.

Day 4
Playing Time: 1 hour 17 minutes

Got to do more today than i thought i would! After Bella had her shots, she had a nice long feed followed by a nice long nap so i took advantage! Today i did another 30 minutes walking while watching tv, and then 10 minutes jogging watching tv. My legs were already aching a little from yesterday and dont think i helped today! But got my heart pumping which felt good, also did a load of boxing which got me more tired than i was expecting. Did extra yoga today to make up for yesterday, and i like to think im getting better, even if the trainer man does say to me that im not strong enough for certain poses. I will get strong! Going to try even more jogging tomorrow, it's the highest calorite burner after all!

Sounds like your getting into the swing of things, your doing great! x

Day 5

Walking time: 30 mins
Wii Resort: 15 mins

Today i walked to the doctors in the snow. Pushing a pram up hill. So i decided to include it on here, even though it's not on the wii!! Lol. And the Wii Resort game i used mostly only my arms, but it's better than nothing! My routine on the wii fit was pretty much the same as yesterday apart from i did 10 minutes less walking and didn't play as many balance games. I think i'm getting better at the yoga, and added another yoga pose to my routine :) So far i don't feel fitter, i'm still getting out of breath jogging for 10 minutes, and tired and sore. But i'm sure the first week is the worst, hopefully i will improve!!

Day 6 - As i expected i couldn't get on the wii yesterday as it was my sisters birthday so spent all day and night out with her!
It's strange that i felt guilty about not doing it - and even more guilty that we went for a chinese!!

Day 7

Time Playing: 1 hour 12 mins

Strange thing happened today, i was jogging for 20 minutes, and i barely even noticed. None of that exhausted 'i cant go on' type of feelings - it felt good! I could exercise for an amount of time without feeling like i wanted to collapse - ok, not amazing perhaps, but a good start if you ask me! Tomorrow i weigh myself, and even if i haven't lost weight, i feel fitter, and that is just as important!

Thats a brill idea, i need to get on mine again, i brough Wii Fit Plus last month but havent played it yet!!

Day 8

I don't really remember this work out too well, it was on sat and don't remember exactly what i did, but it would have been similar to every other day. I do 10 minutes of yoga and muscle workout then go straight to the jogging, walking, dance steps and boxing which are the highest calorie burners.

Day 9 - i was hungover so did nothing, lol. But on Day 8 night i went out dancing which apprently burns a lot of calories! So i hope that counts for missing a day!

Day 10

Time Playing: 1 hour 15 mins

Did my yoga and muscle work out, and instead of my trainer saying im really bad, he instead said that i am just unsteady. Which is an improvement! Lol. I did 20 mins jogging, 30 mins step walking and some balance games (which i am useless at!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->