the worse feeling...

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
my dd has free hot meals at school. she loves them. She started school 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, yesterday she told me that when she chooses her meal, she picks up pink milk [strawberry milk] and they tell her she cant have it and go and get her purse.

I sat and cried. It made me feel so awful, i dont want my baby girl to feel sad. :cry: so today iv gone and got her a purse and going to put money in it so she can have her pink milk.

:cry::cry::cry:

thats unfair, can't they save the pink milk and other stuff like that just for tuck shop at break times? My daughter has free school meals and everything on show is what they can have.

Oh bless her little heart. Don't feel bad hun, she can have her milk now. I'd cry too! They shouldn't have it out if they can't have it without paying :nope: So mean. :hugs: :hugs:

what on earth?! So they have food that children who pay for school meals can have, and children who don't pay can't have it? Aren't school meals a flat rate at primary school?

Aww things like that always make my heart ache for them.
Bless Hun don't feel bad xxx

i no i could cry now thinking about it lol.

its 2.20 a meal and them milk ontop of the price.

she supposed to have free milk in the day that i signed for but i dont think they have, its a shame cause the school is so nice too. but its full of posh mums lol

what on earth?! So they have food that children who pay for school meals can have, and children who don't pay can't have it? Aren't school meals a flat rate at primary school?

At James school thr have lunches that are covered by dinner money, and I'd presume the free school meals but they also have a tuck shop thing where they have to pay for. I wonder if the pink milk is a tuck shop type item? X

Awwww hun, thats proper upset me, it would made me cry too if it were my daughter- as others have said i dont understand why she couldnt have it as surely dinner money is set at a flat rate- what ever is on offer is available to all children whether they get free school meals or not? Isn't that discriminating if not? xx

i no i could cry now thinking about it lol.

its 2.20 a meal and them milk ontop of the price.

she supposed to have free milk in the day that i signed for but i dont think they have, its a shame cause the school is so nice too. but its full of posh mums lol

Find out about the milk Hun cos key stage one definately get free milk. She should have it if you've said yes x

i wasnt aware of a tuck shop, im going to ask on monday.

i would love to be a fly on the wall to make sure there nice to my princess haha,

This, I would be going APE SHIT at the school to be honest. Its completely unfair to put a divide between the children like that, Really really mean. :(

As far as im concerned they should be allowed anything they can see thats out, regardless of free school meals or not!

Also i thought tuck shops had been stopped?! - they were in our area anyway lol

At James school they can only buy toast, fruit and milk. Not the worlds most exciting tuck shop :haha:

She should get free milk. Every child is entitled to the free milk at school until 5th birthday in uk so she should get that (i taught reception and yr 1 the children in my class got it at snack time then they all had water at lunch) poor little love they shouldent have it out if they cant all have it. Maybe check with her teacher about when she gets her free milk and ask about policy at lunchtime. I know children i had in my class on free school lunches got same as those who paid

Ours doesnt even have a tuck shop and tbh i prefer it that way cos id hate to feel that some children would feel left out or upset if their parents couldnt afford that bit extra xx

aww that would really upset me too...its funny what pulls on your heart strings when your a mum :(

When I asked my son what he had for lunch one day at school he said ''so and so (cant remember what) but I didnt want that but had to have it because I accidently touched it when I pointed to something else'' It almost made me cry for him :( I think is mean they made him have it cause he touched it by accident!

I'd call and complain. Tell them your daughter was really upset and you want to know what they're going to do about it. :flow:

Ours doesnt even have a tuck shop and tbh i prefer it that way cos id hate to feel that some children would feel left out or upset if their parents couldnt afford that bit extra xx

Yeah. I always send James with 15p for a slice of toast cos I'd hate him to be the only one not spending ! However I found out he's been spending his 15p on penny sweets at the local shop on his way home :haha: x

Yeah. I always send James with 15p for a slice of toast cos I'd hate him to be the only one not spending ! However I found out he's been spending his 15p on penny sweets at the local shop on his way home :haha: x

lol! :haha: x

aww that would really upset me too...its funny what pulls on your heart strings when your a mum :(

When I asked my son what he had for lunch one day at school he said ''so and so (cant remember what) but I didnt want that but had to have it because I accidently touched it when I pointed to something else'' It almost made me cry for him :( I think is mean they made him have it cause he touched it by accident!

Oh no bless him! This thread has got my emotions going :rofl: I just hate the thought of any child being so sad over something so trivial. Big meanies at school :haha:

Oh no bless him! This thread has got my emotions going :rofl: I just hate the thought of any child being so sad over something so trivial. Big meanies at school :haha:

Me too :cry: you really feel everything for them dont you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->