the worse feeling...

Confuzzled! :lol: :blush: Sorry!

So if she would go for the normal milk anyways, then what is this thread about? I thought it was because she couldn't have the strawberry milk? Again, I could be missing something but it seems to me that she's not picking the normal milk, she's going for the strawberry and wanting the strawberry so much that you are now paying for it every day.

Nothing wrong in that you are paying it for her! Hope that made sense. :flower:

Maybe all her friends get the pink milk...

I was confused too when OP said she would actually pick normal milk :wacko:

they dont have normal milk for lunch, you buy pink or chocolate x

They don't offer normal milk? :wacko: So its either free water, or pay for strawberry or chocolate milk?

There isn't one school over here that doesn't have regular milk as an option for any meal at school :wacko:

they may offer normal milk, but you have to pay, but thats not the point, shes 4 years old ffs

they may offer normal milk, but you have to pay, but thats not the point, shes 4 years old ffs

Exactly, she's 4 years old, the school need to be helping children make healthy choices because they don't understand.

she supposed to have free milk in the day that i signed for but i dont think they have, its a shame cause the school is so nice too. but its full of posh mums lol

I agree about her only being 4! :flower:

Although I'm still confused. So you signed for her to have free pink/chocolate or regular milk?

here free milk is for snack time (where at reception age which 4 years would be) they also offer some fruit too it's only water with school dinners regardless of parents paying or the council paying under free school meals scheme I would have gone mad over pink/chocolate being there it's not a healthy option

Here the children have subsidised milk under the age of five (you pay £3 a term or £10.50 over five years old), they have this at snack time or can bring a bottle of water/juice with them. At lunch time there is no milk but water or parents can pay an extra 25p a day (they dont send it with the child they pay it alongside the dinner money either weekly or half term) for fresh apple or orange juice.

When I was in infant school, a long time ago now so I have no idea how I can remember this, I remember having a little purse with a shoulder strap and my mum giving me money for orange juice or blackcurrant at lunch time. The dinner ladies came round all the tables in the lunch hall collected the money and then poured the drinks.

My heartbroke for her, bless her!

Glad she can have her pink milk now xxx

Just read this, and i am gutted for you LO. Bless her. Im so glad you have the 40p for her special drink a day.

And as it goes, i would be MEGA CHUFFED if Madi drank pink milk, chocolate milk, or any sort of milk for that matter. She likes water and blackcurrant... and thats it!

We have to pay for hot lunches here and it is expensive. I am sure there are kids that don't get it, and that makes me very sad as I was poor growing up and it would have been very hard to see kids eat good food while I ate...whatever, so, this post made me feel for her. Glad she gets her pink milk now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->