The worst thing about being pregnant?

For leg cramps- have you tried upping potassium in your diet (as well as cutting down on salt which helps with bloating)? A couple not very ripe bananas before sleep could do the trick. Worth trying anyway. Also other foods contain potassium. I believe cramps are generally caused by mineral deficiency and it is easy to get deficient when you are pregnant. Make sure you also get enough calcium and magnesium in your diet or at least as a supplement! Hope you, girls, feel better.

I agree with this one. I have a banana every night and haven't had cramps since i started this about 2 weeks ago! x

Great that it works for you!! Of course, everybody is different, but really- what's the harm in trying?!
I even got rid of UTI with natural remedies (cranberry tabs and some teas) :) So glad I didn't listen and take antibiotics (not that I advice others to do that, it was my risk and my choice :winkwink:).

I had like 3 UTI's in my first and second tri. First night it happened I didn't dare sleep for fear of weeing myself. I took the antibiotics and they worked like a charm. I might try a banana before bed. Hell, I like them anyway. :)

Not being able to keep up with my toddler anymore....mothers guilt !
Acid reflux....on the lattes to solve that one
Pelvic pain...think my body isn't coping as well as 1st time round, or its punishing me :)

The all-day sickness in first tri was the worst part of pregnancy. More recently it was the rib pain on my right side, so bad I couldn't take a deep breath. Fortunately it hasn't been happening recently, but I dread it coming back!

Being exhausted but not being able to sleep at night *yawn* xxx

leg cramps and the itching!!! god i hate this none stop itching :growlmad: lol x

For leg cramps- have you tried upping potassium in your diet (as well as cutting down on salt which helps with bloating)? A couple not very ripe bananas before sleep could do the trick. Worth trying anyway. Also other foods contain potassium. I believe cramps are generally caused by mineral deficiency and it is easy to get deficient when you are pregnant. Make sure you also get enough calcium and magnesium in your diet or at least as a supplement! Hope you, girls, feel better.

I agree with this one. I have a banana every night and haven't had cramps since i started this about 2 weeks ago! x

Great that it works for you!! Of course, everybody is different, but really- what's the harm in trying?!
I even got rid of UTI with natural remedies (cranberry tabs and some teas) :) So glad I didn't listen and take antibiotics (not that I advice others to do that, it was my risk and my choice :winkwink:).

I had like 3 UTI's in my first and second tri. First night it happened I didn't dare sleep for fear of weeing myself. I took the antibiotics and they worked like a charm. I might try a banana before bed. Hell, I like them anyway. :)

I just didn't want to expose baby to drugs before I tried natural therapy that does not harm me and baby :) And it worked!!

But for me, the WORST thing about pregnancy HAS to be the constant morning sickness in first tri. :sick:

DITTO!!! 22 weeks of daily puking and 24/7 nausea.. the absolute worst experience of my entire life!

Now it's the heartburn and the urge to faint if I get the tiniest bit warm. This baby is just lucky I'm not a kangaroo! :)

hmm all of a sudden not knowing if i'm hungry or not...
so i think i'm eating loads! x

relaxing in bed all cosy with my book but having to drag myself up to pee before i put the light off only to wake up about an hour later - to pee, and then getting back to sleep only to wake up 2 hours later - to pee etc etc etc you get the picture

last night i actually managed from 4.10am all the way through to 7.50am without waking up - how sad i am proud of that fact

:laugh2: I know exactly what you mean! Sleeping for a good 4 hours without having to pee and then being proud of it!! I've actually had to stop myself from making it a facebook status if I manage a few hours.. LOL

Leg cramps - don get me started, I wake up to these every morning.

But for me the worst thing is the spd. The agony in the evenings especially and trying to roll over in bed, its just so draining and exhausting!

i get a wee bit of cramp now and then but i read somewhere about pushing ur heel down and toes up and i tried it an it really works. the worst thing for me is 3/4 trips to the loo at night, i love sleep and hate getting up in the night, ive always been a good sleeper! the other thing is the heartburn, even gaviscon is now failing me!!

i tried the bannana thing for the cramps and ended up with horrible stomach acid lol, but been walking lots and they seem to have calmed down.

worst thing (s)

having 9 uti's
acid reflux
back ache
constant sickness from wk 3-19 which caused 5 stays in hospital due to dihidration.
hip pains
not being able to sleep
worrying constantly

lol i could go on and on

but you know what its all worth it!!!

Bananas appear to be working as far as leg cramps go, but nothing is making my rib and hip pain go away. Also, I hate how everyone says "get your sleep now cause you won't sleep after the baby is born." Well, I can't sleep now so thanks for the advice. Grrr. Still all of this is a bit better than the nausea in the first tri.

Good luck everyone we are almost there!

Worst for me:

Fear of the unknown with everyday
am a constant worry and nervous wreck. :(

30weeks and still do the toilet and loo paper check
My habit which has been entire pregnancy so far - snow white knickers ONLY!!

Pelvic Pain think down to my Uti/infection

sleepness nights/restless nights

Nightmares

leg cramps - just started this week

Having my mother constantly tell me how fat I look and how much better she looked whilst pregnant.

The rest I could deal with if she would just shut the f*** up!

I have to agree with spd! It hurts so bad sometimes it makes me cry. But this along with needing to pee every 2 hours is even worse. But as stated before ALL is worth the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"