The worst thing about being pregnant?

K

katekatekate

For me it's LEG CRAMPS.
I've probably had 2 or 3 toe cramps in my life - and they just felt abit weird.
But 3 times in the past 2 weeks I have actually woken up from my usual deep sleep (I practically fall into a coma at night) with one of my calves seizing up with cramp and I cant move it or do anything because it hurts so bad.
Grrr.

For me, I am sore and so cant sleep I get about 3 hours good sleep a night. My hips hurt and I have to turn slowly and often. I had to get up last night and go and sleep on the couch as I was not only sore but also boiling hot.

I would like some sleep, please, I was thinking whan the baby is born I might even get 4 hours solid sleep at some point :happydance: and the pain will all be gone ahhhh

Cramps are horrid the only thing you can do to shift them are point your toes towards your body - up towards your head and keep flexing your feet (naughty toes for any gymnasts/ballet girls out there) it hurts but it stretches the muscles out to shift the lactic acid.

If you physically cant do it get OH to move your feet for you.

I still havent quite worked out how to shift the cramp I get in my groin though...lol.

I've had a few legs cramps in my life and a few more in pregnancy but YESTERDAY i had the mother of all legs cramps (so far) and I couldn't believe the pain! :shock:

I usually flex the muscle out and it goes away but this was persistent. It wouldn't shift for a good minute and I thought that was bad enough. Off for a walk now as regular walks followed by putting my feet up means I tend to get them a lot less.

Don't know how I'll cope with anything worse than last nights one though. :shock:

But for me, the WORST thing about pregnancy HAS to be the constant morning sickness in first tri. :sick:

I'm looking forward to being able to move around again, it taking a good minute of huffing,puffing and heaving to turn over in bed and not being able to pick up the saop in the shower if I drop it...or see my foof or put on socks easily is for me getting to be the worst part.

Its only now I appreciate how mobile I was before.

Cramps are horrid the only thing you can do to shift them are point your toes towards your body - up towards your head and keep flexing your feet (naughty toes for any gymnasts/ballet girls out there) it hurts but it stretches the muscles out to shift the lactic acid.

If you physically cant do it get OH to move your feet for you.

I still havent quite worked out how to shift the cramp I get in my groin though...lol.

Thanks, I'll try that. If I remember during my fanny fit of OWMYLEG. :haha:

Lack of sleep, restless legs at night, back ache, sickness, leaking boobs, baby brain (can be funny too)....... I can't pick just one! x

Its weird it goes against what you think you should do which is point you toes but that doesnt work, it hurts mind but it should start to shift the acid in your muscles.

But as someone else said keeping mobile and then putting your feet up should help in general.

i'm with you on the cramps in the middle of the night!
Although I could write a list as long as my arm to be honest!
Who the hell designed the process?! Don't get me wrong I'd do it 10 times over

For leg cramps- have you tried upping potassium in your diet (as well as cutting down on salt which helps with bloating)? A couple not very ripe bananas before sleep could do the trick. Worth trying anyway. Also other foods contain potassium. I believe cramps are generally caused by mineral deficiency and it is easy to get deficient when you are pregnant. Make sure you also get enough calcium and magnesium in your diet or at least as a supplement! Hope you, girls, feel better.

I'm in a bad mood at the moment and just want the next week to speed up, so I could rant for ages!!

BUT for me the worst thing has been getting travel sick. I threw up all over the DLR in 1st tri, and since then whenever I commuted I had to sit/stand going forwards, and always have water with me.

The car isn't too bad, but as we dint have one I tend to use buses.....everytime I use a bus I have to concentrate on my breathing, drink water and try soooo hard not to be sick. Yesterday was bad as my whole body started shaking and covered in sweat...I held it in until 1 stop before home!!

relaxing in bed all cosy with my book but having to drag myself up to pee before i put the light off only to wake up about an hour later - to pee, and then getting back to sleep only to wake up 2 hours later - to pee etc etc etc you get the picture

last night i actually managed from 4.10am all the way through to 7.50am without waking up - how sad i am proud of that fact

For me the worst things would probably be reduced energy, lack of sleep and nausea in the first tri.

relaxing in bed all cosy with my book but having to drag myself up to pee before i put the light off only to wake up about an hour later - to pee, and then getting back to sleep only to wake up 2 hours later - to pee etc etc etc you get the picture

last night i actually managed from 4.10am all the way through to 7.50am without waking up - how sad i am proud of that fact

aargh I get that EXACTLY (sorry am sneaking over from 2nd tri). The pee b4 bed then i read my book then i need to pee then i get bak to bed start dozing off then need to pee over and over and over. I wake up proud if i've gone half the night without waking up to pee lol :D xx

For leg cramps- have you tried upping potassium in your diet (as well as cutting down on salt which helps with bloating)? A couple not very ripe bananas before sleep could do the trick. Worth trying anyway. Also other foods contain potassium. I believe cramps are generally caused by mineral deficiency and it is easy to get deficient when you are pregnant. Make sure you also get enough calcium and magnesium in your diet or at least as a supplement! Hope you, girls, feel better.

I agree with this one. I have a banana every night and haven't had cramps since i started this about 2 weeks ago! x

Leg cramps in bed, but bananas do seem to help a bit. I've kind of got used to them though, almost expect them.

The thing I forget is that it's easy to bend down, not so easy to get back up again, so that's gotta be the worst for me!

I agree with this one. I have a banana every night and haven't had cramps since i started this about 2 weeks ago! x

Great that it works for you!! Of course, everybody is different, but really- what's the harm in trying?!
I even got rid of UTI with natural remedies (cranberry tabs and some teas) :) So glad I didn't listen and take antibiotics (not that I advice others to do that, it was my risk and my choice :winkwink:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->