theming help!

H

HerdingDogs

So I was at the BRU registry event (won some medela nursing pads woot) because I'm bored and crazy like that lol. Plus, if I figure out everything I want now I can total it and create a budget plan to get it all by baby time. :)

I keep going back between cutesy woodland animals
Or
Lion King

No matter what, I'm thinking browns and greens. Very earthy. I love animals. The woodland creatures are just outrageously cute!!! To die for, squealing in the store cute. Plus, it has a hedgehog which is the school's mascot that I teach at. Lion King is is not as cute to me, but the first Disney movie my mom ever bought for us was "The Lion King" in efforts to cheer us up after our dad died. It was recommended to her by a friend. Who was unaware our dad just passed away. My mom flipped out when we watched it and Mufasa died and she couldn't find the remote hahahaha

We went with BRU's other Lion King set and loved it! We wanted to avoid the "strong" gender color schemes, and we both loved Disney. Plus we can reuse it for the next because it is neutral. Well, except for Simba and Nala, they are her favorite toys now. :haha: This was the crib (we kept her in the room with us for the first year, so we didn't buy everything that went with the set, but we did get the wall decals later):

Attachments

• lk1.jpg
    lk1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 9
  • lk2.jpg
    lk2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 11
The Lion King is cute ... BUT
the fox and hedgehog are ridiculously adorable.

KK - Thanks for sharing the pictures! Your baby is adorable!! So is the crib!

MLC - RIGHT?! I love the Lion King, but I'm just stuck on the fox and hedgehog hahah.

I am doing woodland critters so my answer may be a bit biased haha :)

Thanks everyone! Not just for the weigh ins, but not judging me. I know I'm doing this all way early and counting my chickens, so I appreciate the positivity. I made the mistake of talking to my friend about it and she immediately jumped down my throat, "Aren't you too early? You haven't even had a scan to make sure it's viable. You don't even know what you're having " I'm having a human baby not an outer space cow r_r and it's not like I bought anything.

Ugh. I hate it when I talk to people in early pregnancy and they give me the "why are you telling me this early?" comment kind of thing. You're pregnant, you get to act like it! I'm even in limbo after my early ultrasound, and I'm still looking at nursery stuff!

Here's my 2 cents from when I had my son: I figured out that I wasn't going to use the quilt until he was a toddler (most people don't use that kind of blanket til they're older), so it was just going to sit around for a year +. I also personally didn't really want the quilted crib bumper that comes with most bedding sets (some people do use that kind, though), and I found a cute mesh/breathable bumper with jungle animals that matched our theme.
So from a budget standpoint, it worked out well for me to pick a bedding set theme I really liked where I could buy things separately like the wall art, the crib sheet, the changing pad cover, or other accessories. I had friends who spent $ on the whole bedding set, then never used the quilted bumper or quilt, so they were never even seen.

I picked out a monkey theme for my little boy, which I loved for him as a baby. Now that he's older, he could care less about monkeys and loves cars/trains/things that go. Since we never bought him a quilt with his nursery theme, I got him one with "things that go" recently that he's at the age to use one, and I'll redecorate his room when we switch rooms for the baby. :)

It's SO fun picking out the theme, and all that being said- I might still buy a full bedding set for the next nursery (if we have a girl since we already have the boy nursery) just because! But just wanted to put that out there, because skipping on the quilt until later can save you some cash! :)

Yeah. Space is tight. I live in a 2 bed, 1 bath half of a duplex. The second bedroom belongs to the cats and I'm feng shui the rest of the house to make space. I'm going back through my registry at some point to narrow it down to stuff I just need for a newborn not toddler.

Ugh. I hate it when I talk to people in early pregnancy and they give me the "why are you telling me this early?" comment kind of thing. You're pregnant, you get to act like it! I'm even in limbo after my early ultrasound, and I'm still looking at nursery stuff!

Here's my 2 cents from when I had my son: I figured out that I wasn't going to use the quilt until he was a toddler (most people don't use that kind of blanket til they're older), so it was just going to sit around for a year +. I also personally didn't really want the quilted crib bumper that comes with most bedding sets (some people do use that kind, though), and I found a cute mesh/breathable bumper with jungle animals that matched our theme.
So from a budget standpoint, it worked out well for me to pick a bedding set theme I really liked where I could buy things separately like the wall art, the crib sheet, the changing pad cover, or other accessories. I had friends who spent $ on the whole bedding set, then never used the quilted bumper or quilt, so they were never even seen.

I picked out a monkey theme for my little boy, which I loved for him as a baby. Now that he's older, he could care less about monkeys and loves cars/trains/things that go. Since we never bought him a quilt with his nursery theme, I got him one with "things that go" recently that he's at the age to use one, and I'll redecorate his room when we switch rooms for the baby. :)

It's SO fun picking out the theme, and all that being said- I might still buy a full bedding set for the next nursery (if we have a girl since we already have the boy nursery) just because! But just wanted to put that out there, because skipping on the quilt until later can save you some cash! :)

cani ask why/ what is up with the bumper?.. newbie here and no clue haha.

cani ask why/ what is up with the bumper?.. newbie here and no clue haha.

Bumpers aren't recommended as baby can wriggle or roll into it and not be able to breathe if they don't turn their heads away.

I used a breathable mesh bumper for my son which worked well.

i see. guess i need more books lol.. wonder why they sell with it then?

i see. guess i need more books lol.. wonder why they sell with it then?

me too! I did see a lion king breathable mesh and instinct kicked in to say I liked it better than the bumper. Now I know why hehe

Yep, exactly what hivechild said! Similar to the reason they don't recommend blankets for infants in their crib (loved using the wearable blankets instead!). I loved the mesh/breathable bumper and always felt comfortable with it!

P.S. some people do use the quilted bumpers, but they just aren't recommended. I didn't do everything under the sun that was recommended all the time, but that was something I def felt better not using.

Yep, exactly what hivechild said! Similar to the reason they don't recommend blankets for infants in their crib (loved using the wearable blankets instead!). I loved the mesh/breathable bumper and always felt comfortable with it!

P.S. some people do use the quilted bumpers, but they just aren't recommended. I didn't do everything under the sun that was recommended all the time, but that was something I def felt better not using.

I need to a modern day mom to go shopping with me!! I love my mom, but she DEFINITELY did not do things according to the books she never read. It's a miracle my brother and I made it to adulthood haha. We were just joking about it at lunch the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->