Theo Riley 24/04/2009

Emsy26

Mum of 4 & Wife-To-Be xx
Reaction score
Well I had been having nigglies for a few days prior. Woke up for the usual toilet trip ealry hours of Friday morning, when I got back into bed, was very agitated...then I felt a trickle...thought I needed loo again, but when I stood up...GUSH!! This was at 2.15am, needless to say, I wasn't impressed...shattered being more like it.
I woke my other half who immediately asked if I was sure it was my waters and not pee..:dohh:
Think I would have known, he was too scared to call his mum, who was our babysitter if I went into labour at night, just her luck..I did. Lol. When he didn't believe it was my waters, I had to show him, when he saw it trickling, he was like a big school kid with a new toy...he was soooooo excited :happydance:
I called the hospital who asked me to go in and be assessed, when i got there the usual checks were done, and it was indeed my waters, I was only 2cm dilated and my cervix was at the back, M/W gave a sweep, contractions were too far apart for them to keep me there so i was sent home.

By 7.30am, the contractions were still a bit irregular but getting more and more painful, my children were awake, getting ready for school, the poor lil mites had never seen mommy in so much pain, they didn't know what to do with themselves. OH immediately took them downstairs so they didn't have to see anymore, although they kept bringing teddies into the room, in the hope that it would comfort me, every time I had a contraction, my OH would run into the bedroom, and just hold me, he kept saying 'sorry', poor thing :hugs:

He took the kids to school, and I decided to get up out of bed and on the move, so I attempted to head downstairs to set up the steriliser, as he got back..I collapsed on top of the stairs, my legs just gave way..OH got back just in time. He helped me down the stairs, and I just sat on the living room floor, timing contractions, they were so painful by this point...at about 10.15, they were that painful and coming every 3-4 minutes, it was time to head to hospital!!

Got there, examined, was 5-6cms dilated, Gas & Air was great :cloud9:
M/W was so busy, they were short staffed and she was dealing with a fair few women in labour, nobody was in the room, I kept saying to OH I need to push, "Do you want me to press button?" he'd ask, but I kept saying no and delaying it, then I screamed 'I NEED TO PUSH'...so loud that a different M/W came running in, followed by riginal one, they were arguing who was going to deal with me, my lil guy weren't waiting around for them to make a decision, 2 pushes he was out.....I felt water on my face...my OH was in tears :cry:
He cut the cord, our lil man had tied his cord in a knot...how clever is he? :rofl:

24th April 209, 11.46am, our Theo Riley was born, another date for our diary, we are so proud xxxxxxx

https://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp235/emsy26_album/DSC00128.jpg
https://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp235/emsy26_album/DSC00132.jpg

Congratulations he is beautiful x

Congratulations again Emsy. He's so beautiful! Wonderful story!

congratulations he is beautiful, hope you are both well

he is so precious :cloud9: huge congrats! :hugs:

Congratulations he's gorgeous!!!

LMAO at you at pushing stage x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79