there really is some scum in this world!

We had it twice in under a week here - just after we moved into what is normally a very very quiet street (access is so bad you don't generally come into our road unless you've got a reason to be here)... first time they did such a good job (well if they're going to break into your car you may as well hope they do a minimal damage job of doing so!) of it that I didn't even notice it had been broken into until I saw the glovebox open and that they'd nicked the suction cup of my sat nav... second time they did actually damage the metalwork slightly and nicked something ridiculous like a hazard warning triangle or similar... so both utterly utterly pointless thefts! That's the bit that annoyed me the most - it was just utterly futile and not even achieving anything!

If it's any consolation - there's been no more bother in the 3 years since then, apart from the Euromillions winners' place being broken into a few streets away - which I think is kind of unrelated really!

My dad's car used to always be broken into and things like the cover of the light which comes on when you open the doors were stolen, also the badge from the front of his car, which was a Lada (dodgy Russian make of car that was the butt of many jokes). Also they have a side 'front' door and unless you try it you'd never know it was open so some years ago they left it unlocked, some kids broke in and stole my sister's trainers and jacket and all her GCSE work from her schoolbag and just tore it all up and threw it in bushes. Also in our old house my OH had a bike which was pretty much wrecked, in the back garden-you couldn't see into our back garden at all unless you jumped over the fence first as the fence was 8 foot high, these two boys somehow managed to vault it and get back out again with the bike and OH saw them running down the street with his bike. OH had convinced himself he would restore it and get it up and running again, it cost him £300 quid in the first place so he was livid and chased them until they dropped it and ran away which was well over half a mile. We don't have too many petty thefts where we live now but we have petty childish acts of vandalism which means they end up jacking up the rent and service charge by loads, it has gone up by £100 a month since 2009 :( xx

That's awful! Some people can be idiots!

Our car seems to be a vandalism magnet!

In our old flat we always parked the car in the car park which the living room window looked down on, at the time we were sleeping in the living roombecause of damp issues in the bedroom,
One Saturday night we heard the car alarm go off and DH looked out the window and some little shit bag was hitting our car with a crowbar! So DH had to chase them off in his boxers :haha:
Went and had a look at the damage, they had dented all the side panels on the one side (the side which the alarm sensors didn't work on) and done one hit on the other side which set the alarm off,
Anyway come the next Saturday (well the Sunday morning) a neighbour knocked on our door and said do you know your cars damaged and thinking she was on about the dents DH said yeah until he looked behind her and they had smashed pretty much EVERY window on the car :dohh: they also stole a £300 quid stereo (one with the DVD screen) and a DVD that was in the back

We decided it must be someone we knew, phoned the police and they never even showed their face

We replaced all the windows (which cost a small fortune) and parked it on his sisters drive, few weeks later someone smashed the back quarter panel window so we moved it again and put it on his moms drive, someone stole the back lights

:dohh:

It really was one thing after another!

I'm sorry, people are so stupid and disrespectful :hugs: I know what you mean, re the duvet thing...our car got broken in to about 6 months back. The morons didn't know what they were doing, as they took the faceplate off the stereo but not the actual stereo with it :dohh: And they pulled the glovebox handle clean off (we've never been able to open it ourselves). And one of Lachlan's hoodies had been on the back seat and they'd thrown it on to the floor of the car.

I don't know why but it really bothered me that they'd touched his clothes :nope:

Really makes it attractive to connect the car to a battery so it zaps any buggers that touch it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->