THere should be a 4 week wait...

pooch

Reaction score
So you get a BFP but then you have to wait for your first US at 8 weeks until you can start to have real confidence in your pregnancy. Especially when you don't really feel pregnant! I think the 4 week wait is just as bad as the two week wait!

Unless your in the UK without any problems in which case its a wait until 12 weeks.... so an 8 week wait!!

I had a 3 week wait. Longest of my life. This is an IVF pregnancy and I've had 1 MC and 2 ectopics so was very anxious.

Seeing that baby in the right place and the flicker of the heartbeat was the most amazing thing I've ever seen after so much heartbreak.

there definitely should be a 4/8 week wait! Waiting killed me. It's good that I was busy working, but still every moment of my free time I was just thinking about the scans.

My 8 week wait finally ends tomorrow morning! Should definitely be a 4/8 Week wait thread it has been such a very very long wait.

I totally hear you! When I called to make my appointment, they asked how far along I thought I was. I felt like fibbing! They want me to go in at 8 weeks, and I know this practice. I will not be getting an ultrasound at that appointment. The only way I'll get one is if LMP doesn't line up with when I think I got pregnant by at least 10 days.

So, do I fib about my LMP?

2 more weeks till my scan and 3 weeks since I got my bfp! It is killer but it's going by faster than expected! Gl to all of us!

I'm in So.Cal. and I'm waiting to see when I can go in - hoping 7 weeks. Fx

So there's no guarantee that they'll do an ultrasound on the first visit? :( Boo!!!

I completely agree about the 4 week wait!! Especially when you don't feel pregnant then you have to wait to sew your little one. You become so full of.different emotions during the wait, both positive and negative. Your thoughts aren't really calmed until you see that heartbeat.

My dr said at my 8 week i'll get a script to get my first ultrasound. My appt is therues before thanksgiving...my big plan was to tell my family at thanksgiving but dont want to until i have a good first scan!!! Last time there was an US tech in the office so i'm hoping she will be there again!! Aggghh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->