There you are, my maybe positive OPK!

Lovebotlass17

Two kids under two!
Reaction score
Happy New Years, ladies! Hope we all enjoyed 2011 but are looking forward to a new beginning that comes with a new year. Let's get to baby dancing!

I've had laparoscopic salpingectomy (pregnancy and left tube removed due to ectopic) on 9 Dec. The bleeding was minimal, and only lasted for 4 days I believe. I'm on CD 19 I think, and I've been testing with OPKs since the 19th! I think I finally have my positive OPK, which I took this new morning in this new year at 0130. The tests range from Dec 30th through today. The most recent OPK is the last one at the bottom.

If this is a real positive OPK, I am stoked! :happydance: Hubby and I just :sex: before I even had the positive, so I'm praying that was perfect timing! Planning on doing it again today. Thank you all!

Attachments

• OPKs (01 Jan 12 close up).jpg
    OPKs (01 Jan 12 close up).jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 40
Looks + to me!!

Thank you! Whoo hoo! :thumbup:
Since this is literally my first positive OPK ever (besides being accompanied with a BFP), I am a bit confused on when would I actually ovulate now? I've read 12 to 48 hours. Do I just keep on :sex: until the 48 hours have gone? Or do I BD a couple of days before I ov, and the day after? Thanks.

Not to be too nosy, but did you lose the tube? Or were they able to save it?

You ovulate out of one ovary each month and it switches back and forth month to month. If you lost an ovary then this cycle you'd be ovulating out of the tube you still have, next month you'd ovulate in the ovary that doesn't have a tube [making conception impossible] The worst part about losing a tube is that you now only have a chance at conception every other month :(

If you just got your + now, get to BDing, you'll be ovulating somewhere in the next 12-48 hours and the egg will only be viable for less than 24 hours after that :) You've got 72 hours to get your BD on!

Good Luck to you!

Thank you! No worries on being "nosy." I put my business out here. I did lose my left tube, but I still have both ovaries. I have been noticing more discomfort on the opposite side of my ectopic, so I'm sure I'm ovulating on my right side this month.

That is what makes me nervous since I'm a one tuber! My doctor told me since I'm young and healthy and have no fertility issues, then conception should almost still be the same as before. He told me that even if I ovulated on the side that doesn't have a tube, it is possible for the opposite tube to catch the egg. I do hope so!

Attached is another picture, this time with the positive OPK I took at 0130 in the morning. The one below that is an even darker OPK I took at 0310 in the morning! What? I guess this means it does get darker!

Attachments

• OPKs (01 Jan - 0130 to 0307).jpg
    OPKs (01 Jan - 0130 to 0307).jpg
    17 KB · Views: 13
Holy crap balls that's a dark positive! lol

Very nice line...I would get busy xoxoxo goodluck on catching that eggy :)

Don't worry about the one tube, I have one Ovary and the Dr. says that your body " learns" and will adapt.

Thanks, ladies!

Unfortunately, we didn't get to :sex: on the day I got the blaring positive OPK. Well, we did but he didn't finish, but precum counts haha! We :sex: the day before and the day after, so hopefully that did something. Meh. This is my first month charting, and I love it! I love organizing and having this type of control over my own fertility. My temp looks good where even I think I ovulated or I'm about to. Anybody else want to click on my siggy to check out my chart? Thanks!

I was researching about TTC with one Fallopian tube and I was surprised at what I've found. Pretty much, in my situation, TTC should be almost the same as any other woman with both of her Fallopian tubes. I'm hopeful to hear that. Fx crossed ladies! I decided to show you all what happened with my OPK progression. First positive was @ 1:30 AM on Jan 1st. Last positive (and darkest) was @ 6:30 PM on Jan 1st. The negative OPK was @ 10:15 AM on Jan 2nd...

...I am guessing this means I most likely ovulated on January 2nd?

Attachments

• OPKs (1 Jan - 2 Jan Progression).jpg
    OPKs (1 Jan - 2 Jan Progression).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g