theres no telling some people!!!!

I hear you!

I hate it as well. With a passion! I'm only now 12 weeks so there's been no bump. My mom and my one sister-in-law seem to think that they own the belly.

I was out shopping with my youngest sister-in-law (I have two) when I was 9 weeks. This other one walks up to me while I'm in mid sentence and starts rubbing my belly. I just tried my hardest to ignore it. She's a very hands on happy clappy person and she often takes it overboard.

My mom did it with my last pregnancy she hasn't attempted it yet.

I'm really dreading Saturday because we're atttending a wedding and I'm going to be standing next to this SIL for a while.
Although I think I've got a plan set out.
I was chatting online to her yesterday and she asked how "Bubs" is doing (f**king hate baby being referred to as that but anyway) I said I assume fine since it's causing me quite a bit of discomfort. She asked if I meant morning sickness so I told her no I'm suffering with stretching cramps.

"Oh! Is that normal during pregnancy?" So I said of course it is it's everything moving and stretching. "Oh? I didn't know pregnant women suffered with cramps." So I saw an opportunity and told her that rubbing it seems to stimulate the discomfort. She went quiet. We'll see how Saturday goes.

May god help her if I'm in a bad mood and she tries to rub my belly. Actually anyone! There are two people I'm expecting to do it and quite frankly I don't mind exploding at either of them.

Im uncomfortable with people touching me anyway, even OH sometimes. It sounds silly, but I just don't like it. Ive felt ok with him, my family and one or two friends touching my belly without asking but someone at work does it quite a lot and I really have to bite my tongue, it makes me so uncomfortable. I think it is very rude. If someone had just had a boob job, Im not going to walk up to them and just have a feel am I?

I havent shouted at anyone yet, but itll happen.

xxx

I think it's worse when someone knows you really don't like to be touched and they still do it anyway because they really want to feel the baby. Soooo annoying!! :gun:

I would have to agree that touching the belly at all when pregnant without permission is rude and inconciderate really. People do not toch there when you are not preggo so why now. I think the only ones I feel comfortable with is hubby, sister and close friends, and the Doc. other than that "please DO NOT touch" or "back off of the belly":gun:. Maybe I am weird but I don't even like people looking for longer than a couple of seconds expecially now that I am barely showing. Kinda creeps me out!

people always ask before they touch my belly. they know better

I gave up at the wedding. But I was in a good mood. lol

I had numerous aunts and uncles tapping my belly and oddly enough didn't have too much of a problem with that. It wasn't as invasive as I'd thought. But it was just a quick tap then that was it. I had someones girlfriend bend down and start talking to my tummy :wacko: wierd. And then the dreaded SIL started sniggering to her boyfriend about me then announced really loudly that I was getting fat and then rubbed my tummy kind of in a lingering way. I'm glad I was holding things at the time.

I've already expressed my anger towards it on this thread LOL but how does someone feel it's their right to touch you on your body... so low down?!?! Like what's been said on the thread already. If someones just had a boob job I'm not going to go and feel her up.

That really annoyed me. Rubbing I hate! Especially when it follows a flat, blatent insult.
My mom said she's obviously jealous. But I really don't feel like putting up with her teasing and invasive ways for the next 6 months. :cry:

im with vickilousise on this one i hated people touching me when i wa PG

my sister rub my belly when i first feel preganant this time i had a right go at her, i said what u think ur doing i'm not that far along don't touch my belly unless i say so. she asks to touch my belly now. the only people that get away with touching my belly without asking is kacy ( i think its cute when she rubs my tummy) and my hubby.

I personally can't wait to kick the poor mornon's ass who tries this stunt with me. I don't htink I'd mind my friends (CLOSE friends) and family but some random strage walks up to me, i punt them down the hall. A friend of mine once started rubbing the offend's belly and she got all offended so my friend was like "you're OFFENDED?! WHY? I'm just wishing your innards good luck!!" it was HILARIOUS!

i'm on 6 nearly 7 weeks, so no bump just bloated, haven't even told any of my friends, family or the father yet, but i've found touching of ANY kind gets me angry lol. someone touches my arm i will explode at them lol. so can't imagine what i'd be like if they were ouching my stomach!!!! think i'm just so irritable atm. you touch me i will break ur arm! lol x

i'm on 6 nearly 7 weeks, so no bump just bloated, haven't even told any of my friends, family or the father yet, but i've found touching of ANY kind gets me angry lol. someone touches my arm i will explode at them lol. so can't imagine what i'd be like if they were ouching my stomach!!!! think i'm just so irritable atm. you touch me i will break ur arm! lol x

Hi Claire

wondered if your ok as i was following your last posts about the situation and everyone
Are you ok? have you decided what to do hunni?
Think maybe telling someone might help
xx :hugs::hugs:

If it was a random person on the street running up and rubbing my belly, I wouldn't love it but I wouldn't shout at them either. I didn't used to mind when it was people I knew, as said before.. it's just a bit of love and affection towards the unborn baby. I can't personally see anything wrong with it, but over attention in that way can be a bit annoying.

yea i'm ok thanks, well if ur not including the normal sickness, cramps, constipation, mood swings, tiredness and general crying for no reason lol, don't want to tell anyone until i'm 100% sure that this is what i want to do, i know it would probably be easier if i told someone but i have so much goin on in the next 2 weeks i've decided to leave it until after then. got so much uni work its unbelieveable and i have my drivin test on the 14th. just wanna get through them before the drama starts lol. x

i'm just on 7 weeks, and tho i wont mind non creeps touching me, the 1st strange man that does it is asking for a broken wrist. my bf was pregnant recently and a guy at a party was actually getting off on it. she wanted to hit him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->