They are refusing me tissue removal

floborg

Reaction score
Floyderin
So I miscarried 6th may this year.. Kept bleeding for three weeks and positive pregnancy test after three weeks too... Went to emergency and they saw leftovers both times both emergency appointments...
Still refusing to give me surgery to remove the leftover tissue and last time the dr (in fact not a fully dr yet but had to talk to a real dr before giving me advice, this at the emergency clinic for women in Sweden) said the leftovers is so little they wouldn't have anything to suck out if opting for surgery... Still she said to go back if still bleeding on June 8th or still have a positive pregnancy test at June 8th.
Find it a bit weird, why would I go back there if they can't give me the surgery anyway?
Seems like they are lying to me saying surgery is worthless to save resources.
The dr says new research says it's better for the body to expel the leftover tissue by itself with the next coming period.
I think this sound very risky but they refuse me to give me surgery and after all it's the only place here I can turn to as it's the public clinics performing this and they would read my journal stating I'm being denied the tissue removal surgery.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I'm terrified to get sterile because they want to save money on denying tissue removal.
Just simply terrified and hate being the victim of resource down cuts.

Firstly sorry for your loss I miscarried also few weeks back and had surgery to remove all tissue as I hadn't bled at all! I also had a miscarriage several years back and was left with some remainding tissue (bits of placenta) all was fine and It did indeed resolve on its own and I wouldn't have even thought about having surgery to remove such a small amount. After 3 weeks they expect you to have negative tests and I have only just stopped testing positive since my procedure over 3 weeks ago. It might take time for you! I doubt very much you will become sterile because of the remainding tissue, the body has natural defenses to protect itself! I carried my son's dead twin in my womb for 20+ weeks and had zero problems. Try not to worry. I know it's hard when all you want to see is a negative yest and start again but give yourself time to heal it's nature's way x best of luck

So sorry for what you're going through. :hugs: I went through a miscarriage in October at 13 weeks, and bled for a long time. I went to the er and they said there might be leftover tissue, but if so it was really small. They gave me the option to have surgery but I chose not to have it. From the loss until the last bit of tissue passed was over 60 days! I never expected it to take so long and I was worried about infection, but thankfully that never happened.

I think its odd that they refuse to do anything for you, but I don't know much about health practices in Sweden. But I hope everything passes quickly for you. Are you still getting positive tests? Still bleeding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->