They came! Mixed reviews....

B

Bekkiboo

I had the delivery of my pushchair from mothercare today and I must say I am very impressed :happydance: Feels good to know we're finally getting prepared!!

Also received delivery of the swinging cradle from Babies R Us and I am not 100% impressed! The packaging was all damaged like it had been thrown around! When I opened it up not all of the parts were wrapped in the protective covers and not to mention the grubby marks all over it, which hopefully will wash off.... but the point is, you buy something and pay a decent price for it, you expect it to be in immaculate condition when you get it!! :hissy:

Anyone got any tips of how to remove black greasy marks off of a cream coloured cradle without rubbing the paint off??
:hugs:

Congrats on getting the pushchair and cot :) but sorry about the mess the cot came in! thats terrible. I would just try water and a soft cloth 1st off just to see if that budges it...and make a complaint! The ammount we pay for this stuff it shouldnt be arriving like that lol! xxx

congrats on your pushchair. can you not send the cradle back and get a new one?

If it was me i would try and get the cradle replaced. You should receive it in good condition. Congrats on youre pram though xxx

I am thinking about getting the cradle replaced but i'm just gutted cause it took so long to get here in the first place :-(

Try and tell them youre due sooner than you are and you need it asap. They might send one out sooner.

I'd send it back hon or try and get in and show them, get your money back if necessary and go somewhere else.

Well, at the very least, they should discount some of your money. They are putting you out by making you scrub and work at getting marks off of something that should be new! That is ridiculous! Now, in their defense, I am fairly certain that the means of shipping has a lot to do with situations like this sometimes, but that doesn't make it fair. You paid for new, perfect condition. That is what you should get and if you don't want to return, at least seek a partial refund for your time!

I'd see if you can get some money off.

If you want to remove greasy marks, try a good quality pencil rubber. I find they work wonders! It's really gentle (I've often removed greasy black fingerprints from book covers like this) but I'd still test it on a hidden area first. Make sure you don't use a novelty one though, or one that is coloured cos sometimes the colour can rub off the rubber.

If you decide to keep it, try white vinegar or if that fails try isopropylyl (Sp?) alcohol available from the chemist, i find works wonders on a vast array of objects and stains.
Sorry it arrived grubby chick, good luck either way xxx

I would send it back and talk to someone about it, thats wrong!!!!!

I tried seeking a partial refund (have just found when logging into my account to get order number that the item is now £10 cheaper anyway!!)

To say they were reluctant is an understatement!!

They said they could arrange for it to be collected and replaced, but could not offer me a specific time it would be collected.... I don't feel I should have to go through sitting in my house on such a lovely day to make sure I catch them again because of shoddy delivery standards!!
I work every working day but Monday, and that would mean waiting until next week to have it collected to be sure I don't miss them and then who knows how long to wait before they receive the items back and then refund!!

Or they said I could take it back into a store and get it refunded or replaced then, my nearest store is in Wolverhampton and I live in Birmingham and if I wanted to go trecking around stores to buy the things I need, I would have done that to begin with!

In the end I told them to collect it tomorrow, and just hope that they don't turn up when i'm on the school run or on my way to work!
They said they would request an early morning collection but cannot guarantee the delivery company would abide by that (they are obviously aware then that the company is unreliable).
I've just asked that they refund my money and I will be going somewhere else to buy in future!

Oh and I just thought I would add, I am not pleased with the grilling they gave me regarding what was wrong with the item! Was like the Spanish inquisition!! Almost as though they were trying to make me feel like I had done something wrong, and did I mention it was supposed to be delivered no later than Friday as well, so it was late anyway!!

What a load of crap! Im sorry hon. Its THEIR fault it came all beat up and they should go to extreme lengths to keep their customers happy.

They tried to put the blame onto the delivery company, which is fair enough but it's them that chose the delivery company to begin with. My parcel came on a huge freight lorry so was most likely flying around all over the place on the way over here, he was in and out the back of the lorry in seconds, hardly long enough to unstrap something so I doubt it was strapped down atall!

The pushchair from mothercare, even with free delivery you can see they take more care in the delivery company they use, they used UPS, a well known company with a reputation to uphold, and the van used was smaller then a transit so probably less room to fly around (albeit the delivery man was in his own little world, but I guess they have to cut the costs somewhere lol)

The woman I spoke to asked why I hadn't looked before signing... I said because I am a pregnant woman and I did not carry the items in, the man simply brought the items into the house for me and stacked them in a corner, it was only when I decided to have a sneaky peak that I noticed the poor packaging, and quite simply I shouldn't have to!! :dohh:

Just another update, Michelle from Toys R Us called me a few moments ago to say that when submitting the request for collection tomorrow, she just missed the cut off time for next day and I now have to wait until Wednesday... Surprise Surprise!

I got Mothercares Xcursion travel system.... it's beautiful and I'm glad that something went right lol

Just want to warn you guys, I would NOT under any circumstances use Babies R Us (Toys R Us). It's just one thing after the other, they were supposed to collect the crib today and NOTHING!!! I rang to complain and they didn't even know why it wasn't collected and told me I now have to wait until Friday to have it collected........ I am disgusted with the poor service from these people and they don't even have it in them to offer any kind of compensation for my inconvenience and stress caused!

In future I will avoid these people like the plague!!!

Sorry to keep bumping this thread but thought I would update as I actually got a reason why the company hadn't showed to collect the crib on wednesday and today....

Well apparently they faxed the request for collection over to the courier company and they confused the 2 in my postcode for an L and were trying to collect the crib from an address in Bolton :dohh:

They then said the earliest time they can collect now is on Tuesday.... needless to say I was very annoyed and very very upset... I actually ended up breaking down in tears on the phone to the lady..... :hissy:

But anyhoo, the lady went and spoke with her manager because I was upset that I had to wait even longer for my money to be refunded and she came back and said that the manager had over ridden the system and arranged for the refund to be processed straight away so it should be in my bank within 24 hours!! Hallelujah!!!!

Just remains to be seen whether that will be processed properly now, knowing the difficulties I have already have they will end up refunded me the new lower amount of £49.99 instead of the £59.99 I actually spent on it!!

Can't wait to get my refund finally though.... Mothercare here I come!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->