They have rubbish timing don't they?

Kitten

Mummy to Theakston & Nyah
Reaction score
Well with the growth spurt coming 2 weeks early I thought "that's fine, it'll help me keep the Christmas weight off".

What I was NOT prepared for was him waking at 6am this morning, and refusing to feed. I thought it was wind or needing a poo so tried all the usual tricks, nothing. He started stropping (he normally goes back to bed after his 6am feed until 8ish) and being tired so I tried to feed him and he roots, clamps on, then bites. So I tried playing with him, have dressed him and brought him downstairs and he still bites. It's now 10am and he should have had another feed at 8.30am, 9am and then a sleep at 9.30am. But nothing but biting.

I've tried changing, tiring him out, Bonjela (he normally bites when his teeth hurt), teething powders, massage, infacol. You name it, I've tried it, but he's still here whinging that he's tired but refusing to sleep and biting me when I try for a feed. He fed every 1-2hours last night so I figure he really needs a poo as he keeps straining but I can't get the bloody thing out. Normally the Bumbo or Infacol work a treat but neither have shifted it.

Merry bloody Christmas :haha::coffee:

They have immaculate timing, don' they? Merry Christmas Theakston!

Aww, you poor thing! Aisling was up in the night last night for the first time in weeks too, just hope it doesn't happen tonight!

They always know when to time things :dohh:

Violet never wakes during the night but I'm actually expecting a rough night tonight!! :rofl:

He got hysterical so bonjela'd him again and caught his gum with my bloody naiol which sent him mental. Gums are swollen so think someone might be getting their two front teeth for Christmas. Managed to finger feed him a spoonful of Calpol (he vomits if I use spoon or syringe), then sat him up because he was farting so think it was hurting his tummy to lie down and he's now feeding and semi-asleep. Hallelujah!! It's amazing how we adapt to this crap. 2 months ago I was in floods of tears when things like this happened, now I'm just able to joke about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->