Things that make you gag not food

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Hiya

Does anyone else have this, so my morning sickness is that bad that not only certain foods make me feel weak at the knees it's things that I do aswell :dohh:
If that's make sense...I can't put the kettle on as it makes me feel sick as I associate it with tea which is a no-no for me at the mo, so I struggle to enter the corner of kitchen where the tea bags and kettle are.
For some reason the thought and smell of my tights (which aren't that dirty!) And putting them on made me gag! The smell of my carpets just makes my stomach turn. If I've been out of the house and come back in. I desperately open all the windows but the smell doesn't fade.Feeding my cat! Going into the bathroom. This is a weird and embarrassing one. If I go to the toilet and have any of that white discharge (Sorry TMI) it's make me feel :sick: it's doesn't smell bad it's sort of sweet, yuk:blush::blush:don't know what it is just turns my tummy :dohh::haha: Anyone else weird like me? X

I was reading out a list of numbers to a coworker yesterday and that upset my stomach. Talking in general seems okay, even long conversations, but something about list reading did it. Maybe because it was long without pauses like the listening half of a conversation?

Brushing my teeth has made me barf a bunch of times, so I have a hard time even looking at my toothbrush these days. It was a love-hate relationship during my last pregnancy, too.

The smell of my house makes me cringe and makes me reconsidering going to live outside in my yard. My house is clean don't get me wrong it's just all the scents from the rabbit to the febreeze plug ins to the normal house scent. It's just not agreeing with my heightened senses at the moment. And due to the Ms I have the worse taste in my mouth!! I have to brush my teeth 4x a day

Youtube videos upset my stomach. Video games upset my stomach. Cleaning up my birds cages upset my stomach. Changing diapers from baby #3 upsets my stomach. Even going in the bathroom upsets my stomach. Yep. Lots of things have caused me to clutch my throat in hopes that I won't randomly spew all over the floor. Pregnancy is weird.

I hated the smell of my shampoo. But just before I got pregnant, I bought two massive bottles of really quite expensive shampoo & conditioner for my damaged hair! Doh! I also couldn't stand a steamy bathroom after someone had a shower. And brushing my teeth was bad. In fact, mine seem to be mainly an issues with anything bathroom based ha!

I wake up these days with a bunch of congestion built-up in my throat. Coughing or brushing my teeth tends to set me off on puking up bile.

Food I can totally keep down even if I'm nauseous.

Brushing my teeth makes me gag so bad, and the halos that surround car headlights at night trigger it too. If I see a swarm of ants or bugs, I almost throw up every time!

Going to the bathroom... The common lawn these days coz its spring and it smells of fertilizer yuuckkk... Grocery shopping... Reading MS threads which i thought would give me comfort but instead made me gag... Haha and writing this list!!

Omg Me to haha. Even logging into baby and bump makes me feel Quizzy lol I still do it though x

Omg Me to haha. Even logging into baby and bump makes me feel Quizzy lol I still do it though x

Lol me too whatwillbe!! I thought the blogs would help me vent and give comfort but i feel sick and still do it. What week are you now? Im 13+3 and still battling all day nausea ughhhhhh when will it end!?!

I had a scan the other day and peanut has caught up with my ticker! I still haven't taking my anti nausea tablets, I'm a fool I know :blush:. I desperately won't to take them. Yes still suffering with allday sickness and nausea. Got to find part of the day they will stay down. You still back at work?

It makes me feel queasy when my husband plays music on his phone in the bedroom while we're getting ready for bed.

The smell of the fridge. My daughter loves sausages, and the smell of them cooking makes me feel ill. Car fumes. Cigarette smoke. I have some peppermint tea bags in my drawer at work and when I open the drawer the smell is overpowering making me gag.

Pretty much most smells make me retch if I'm hungry! Anyone else find this? Xx

I had a scan the other day and peanut has caught up with my ticker! I still haven't taking my anti nausea tablets, I'm a fool I know :blush:. I desperately won't to take them. Yes still suffering with allday sickness and nausea. Got to find part of the day they will stay down. You still back at work?

Wow great news about the scan congrats! Yes I'm avoiding the meds too, esp as my doc said they're grade C and the only reason she's prescribing them is coz nothing is working and I'm past week 12. So you aren't the only fool lol!

Wow great news about the scan congrats! Yes I'm avoiding the meds too, esp as my doc said they're grade C and the only reason she's prescribing them is coz nothing is working and I'm past week 12. So you aren't the only fool lol!

With my DD I was 13 weeks when its started to ease. When I had my scan they said it should ease once the placenta is developed at 12 weeks and the your hormones even out, maybe its still developing? have you had your scan yet? if not when you do you could ask. I feel a little comfort.... a smidgen of comfort I'm now on double figures! I'm crawling through this pregnancy lol I loved being pregnant first time round, this time not so much :dohh: Whens your due date?

oh, I had another gag attack... I had really bad pregnancy brain yesterday and I put a load of washing in the machine to be washed and instead of washing it I accidently must of pressed the tumble dryer setting. I only took it all out and then put away the washing thinking it was clean. Basically I had dried all my dirty clothes...wally. I thought they smelt funny and making me gag the smell of the conditioner which had been burnt onto half of my clothes yuk!. Only then I had realised what I had done and had to go back unhang all the clothes and rewash! give me strength! lol

With my DD I was 13 weeks when its started to ease. When I had my scan they said it should ease once the placenta is developed at 12 weeks and the your hormones even out, maybe its still developing? have you had your scan yet? if not when you do you could ask. I feel a little comfort.... a smidgen of comfort I'm now on double figures! I'm crawling through this pregnancy lol I loved being pregnant first time round, this time not so much :dohh: Whens your due date?

The midwife just said with some people MS womt ease off until hcg falls below their tolerance level and this may be even after the placenta has developed... She said its nothing to worry and not that uncommon just unlucky :( Hopefully for you that means it should be ok in a few weeks.
Lol and im totally with you, i would love to feel excited but its all i can do to get through the day while keeping some fluid and food down. My edd is sep 24... What about you?
Btw your laundry post just made me laugh lolol...

It does (hopefully) get better but it can take longer than the books say from my experience! The whole placenta taking over thing didn't seem to help me at all! I was so hopeful at 12 weeks but sadly no, mine continued badly until week 16 and then started tapering off up to week 20ish. I honestly thought the extreme nausea would never end but it did! You will get there unless you are very unlucky!

Ps. I do understand why people avoid meds but if you need them, take them. I took Zofran from week 6 to week 20+, it was the only thing that let me keep food & water down!

Nappy changes, wiping my ds1 bum after hes been for a poo, the oven when its switched on, the smell of peppers in my fridge, the thought of eating before i have yet, standing up for too long, cleaning the bathrooms..
fun fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->