Things to do in Dublin

Pearls18

Reaction score
I'm going to Dublin next month for a conference so hubby is going to fly out at the end of it so we can spend bank holiday weekend there, I've never been to Ireland before so I'm excited, but have no idea what we should do! All ideas welcome!

I was in Dublin a while ago but we loved the zoo. Also, we did an open top bus tour which was a good way to get around as as had no car etc, so we used that as a combined sightseeing/transport. St Stephens green (I think that is the name) is nice on a nice day and it is decent for shopping too. Temple bar is nice for a wander but really busy, we went during the day (before lunch) and had a nice breakfast in some studenty place - it was a while ago so can't remember the name but we enjoyed it anyway! Oh, and the Guinness factory.

Not shopping in st Stephens green, shopping in Dublin in general. Posting really quickly from phone in bed because I can't sleep so apologies for terrible grammar!

HI I lived in Dublin for 14 years here some suggestions if your looking for restaurants Darwins on Georges st is fab it's a steak restaurants but has lots of other stuff and a great vegetarian menu great atmosphere. Millstone on dame street also great it's a restaurant on dame st usually has live music. I'd stay away from temple bar at night over priced food and drink. The museums are great and free entry. Christchurch is worth seeing and the book of Kells in trinity college. Grafton street has good shopping and lots of bars and cafes good to soak up atmosphere. It's all within walking distance.

You can walk everywhere, or they are bicycles you can hire. We stayed in Temple Bar and it was lovely, really small cobbled streets with lots of quirkly bars. We went to the Guinness Storehouse - buy your tickets online before you go, its cheaper! And you get a 'free' pint when you get to the top. The zoo is brilliant, the best zoo I've ever been to - and actually we did get a taxi there and you pass the new Guiness factory on the way. Our taxi driver was pointing out loads of stuff to us. Theres the leprechaun museum :haha: loads of shopping (its expensive), open top busses etc. We stayed 2 nights and there was plenty to do. We bouhgt snacks in a little Tesco express near our hotel. I didn't find Dublin itself overly expensive, just usual city prices! A really great place, enjoy :)

The duck tours are good (land/water boats)

The zoo is in phoenix park which is huge and really beautiful.

Make sure you get a proper Irish breakfast at the hotel. It's not as good as an Ulster fry but a good second :)

Thanks everyone, is there an area you recommend staying?

I'm gonna say Temple Bar because its central! We stayed at Blooms Hotel and honestly the service was fantasic and I only paid £106 for 2 nights.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->