Things to do in Yorkshire Dales area

loeylo

1DD, 1 pup, WTT#2
Reaction score
Off for a few days in Yorkshire in the morning and I'm looking for a bit inspiration.

We are staying in Aysgarth but we can travel a fair distance for something decent.

It's just two adults and a nearly 2 year old. We've been looking and it seems there is two open air pools nearby, and quite a few farm parks. There's also parks that you pay to get into (?) and I've heard Wensleydale factory is good, but not sure how suitable that is for a toddler.

If anyone knows the area, is there anything I'm missing? Which of the pools/farm parks is the best?

We also thought about light water valley but it's quite pricey and I'm not sure how much the wee one would appreciate it. Similarly we looked at the forbidden corner, we went there before but think it's pricey when the wee one is a bit young.

And recommendations of nice places to eat would be good too!

I tend to follow up and look on their FB page reviews etc usually parents have left reviews with the ages of their children.

I'm having similar problems with London. So much about not sure what would suit and only a short space of time to get it right ot wrong :lol:

Fountains Abbey is a must, it's not too far away, near Ripon. Also Brimham Rocks (both National Trust, if you're members).

A walk along Aysgarth falls is well worth it as well. It's a very nics walk. It's where parts of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves was filmed.

Forbidden Corner is excellent but there's quite a few scary parts for little ones so I'd wait until LO is older before going.

Is it the lodges at Aysgarth you are staying at? If so, they are very nice. My parents stayed there a couple of weeks ago with boys.

Fountains Abbey is a must, it's not too far away, near Ripon. Also Brimham Rocks (both National Trust, if you're members).

A walk along Aysgarth falls is well worth it as well. It's a very nics walk. It's where parts of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves was filmed.

Forbidden Corner is excellent but there's quite a few scary parts for little ones so I'd wait until LO is older before going.

Is it the lodges at Aysgarth you are staying at? If so, they are very nice. My parents stayed there a couple of weeks ago with boys.

Yeah it's the aysgarth lodges we are at. Having a great time so far, been to see the falls and we went to a farm park earlier and then into skipton.

Not national trust members but we were considering signing up so will look into both today. Unfortunately the weather sucks!

I don't know the area but I hope you're having a nice time! My husband has taken our son up to York today for 3 days they're visiting the national railway museum :)

The National Railway Museum is great. I haven't been there for years but it's really fun and educational at the same time :)

Probably a bit late now .... But we stayed at the Forbidden Corner at Easter. Some parts are a bit scary, although you can miss those parts out, but I agree it's quite pricey. If you do go, there's a lovely picnic area and big duck pond across the road.

As mentioned, Fountains Abbey and Brimham Rocks, also Bolton Abbey, Malham Cove.

Newby Hall is fab, especially for little ones. Lovely gardens, a mini train and loads of play stuff.

We visited Studfold, that's nice for kids too. We also went to Bolton Castle and our girls enjoyed the garden and birds of prey display there.

It's probably not that interesting at the cheese factory for kids, but maybe worth a visit to the shop for free samples! There's a play park in Hawes and also a nice one at Leyburn, up above the village.

I remember going to the outdoor pool at Ingleton years ago, which was fun.

Hope your enjoying the rest of your holiday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->