things we werent told

shellie82

Reaction score
ok so it has come to my attention that i wasnt informed of some things i had to do or be aware of when baby came, who else has found this??

here are mine

1) id have to take off my own dressing after c section
2) i had to use fairy washing up gel for babies clothes not just any
3) i had to make sure i got him weighed regularly and it wouldnt just happen at drs visits\checks

You don't have to Fairy washing up gel at all - non bio is advisable (any make) but lots of people use bio.

You also don't have to get your baby weighed very often unless there's an issue.

Me either...But i do use the Fairy fabric conditioner, but only cos it was on offer :rofl:

I never took Omar to regular weighing. I used non-bio for few months & I used to change brands all the time, then I wasnt really bothered. They removed my wound dressing at the hospital, cleaned it for me & showed me how to take care of it at home.

i use a non-bio but not fairy! It's so expensive!!! I use one from superdrug, just over £1 and it is fab!!!

The midwife took off my section dressing on day 2 in hospital and it was so painful I fainted.

I don't use fairy either lol!

I had to take my own dressing off after the section too, was advised to do it in the shower, which I did but it still hurt :haha:

I only take Holly to be weighed when it fits around what we want to do. So if we're going to see a friend or something then we don't go until the next baby clinic. Apparently baby shouldn't be weighed more than once per month anyway in order to get correct readings and reasonable charts.

Things that I wasn't told:

- That I'd still have trouble going to the loo up to 3 months after the birth!
- That I would turn into a worrying mess sometimes!
- That I no longer get a choice about appointments for LO, they will be made for us and we will stick to them :growlmad:
- That I'd discuss bodily functions of both myself and my daughter with all sorts of people!!

I don't use non-bio because it wasn't taking out formula stains. I can't imagine how useless it must be on solids stains!

DD has only been weighed twice since she left hospital.

No-one told me they were supposed to have vitamin D drops every day. The PHN said at her 3 month check 'and she's been having her vitamin D?' and that was the first I'd heard about it.

It felt like no-one had told me anything at all, to be honest! I've never felt so clueless and inadequately informed as I did for the first 4 months or so. The Baby Whisperer and the internet saved my sanity!

Why the Vitamin D exactly....:confused: This is a first for me too...

I use Persil Bio. He clothes go in with ours.

I wasn't told that you had to point the winkie down when you do the nappy up... otherwise they pee out of the top. I got soaked 5 times a day for a week before I clocked lol.

I wasn't told that if you're BF and your have sore nipples baby can swallow your blood and then vom this back up. I nearly had a heart attack when he puked red.

I wasn't told (though I read about it myself) about cluster feeding or growth spurts in advance and I think this is a MASSIVE failing at the hospitals and by the MWs because if they don't tell you, how can you prepare for how full on BF is?

xx

biggest for me and i know this is going to sound daft but hes my first....

That his hair will fall out....i freaked until i asked lol

x

:rofl: Did you think you were having a baldy...

...Its true tho, first time mums are buggered if nobody gives them a heads up!

The vitamin D thing is news to me as well :confused: but you can get a healthy dose just by being out and about with lo on a sunny day (30 minutes is the recommended amount,i think...) :thumbup:

I don't use fairy, I buy whatever is on offer.

I wasn't told about Piles after chilbirth, it was like poo'ing razor blades for about 4 months after :blush:

I thought that Vitamin D is for breast-fed babies only as Formula has enough in it?

x

i dont use fairy either ... (unless it goes on offer lol) u can get superparket 'own brand' non bio and i think its just as good and ovious less costly!

im 4th time round - but first time round things i was never told! include...
no one warns you about...
afterpains!! esp 2nd/3rd etc time round - they hurt!
piles.. ouch
and breastfeeding!! and even if you dont i guess - ur boobs still get huge and sore like hot coals!
also, this sounds weird but 1st time round i didnt expect to bleed immediatly - i mean i assumed you kind of 'came on' not litterally bled to death as soon as the babies out lmao!

:)

I wasn't told about Vit D either nor has it been mentioned by my HV :shrug:
One of the things I wasn't told was that all the guidelines have changed in the ten years since I had my last child.

I wasn't told and I should have realised that we would be financially worse off in a BIG way after having LO. I just assumed I would be better off going back to work not stuck in the damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't circle :nope:

sorry i shoud have said non bio, mum just bugged me to use fairy lol, i didnt believe her until i washed lo clothes with ours and he came out in a rash so now i have to do seperate washes

everytime i visited dr she asked what he weighed and i was like "dunno havent had a request to weigh him" she then told me it was my reponsibility to get him weighed every month

i use tesco own non bio for LO clothes, she has got comfort pure fab conditioner at the moment coz a big bottle was on offer nfor £5, but unless that or the fairy one are on offer it will be back to tesco or asda pure conditioner. I try to take LO to get weighed but I know that she is gaing weight (the bigger my arm muscles get! lol) xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->